Yankees Winning the Division

baseballking99

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said the Yankees wont make the playoffs but i change my mind and jumping on the bandwagon, basically because the way Detroit and Cleveland have been playing lately. The still wont win the division.

10% chance they win the division

75% chance they make the playoffs as a Wild Card

Eh, they've got a chance... but their schedule is going to get tougher and the Red Sox is going to get easier. And not every team is going to lay down for the two teams like Cleveland has.

The problem is that the Red Sox lineup isn't that good. A high OBP + very little speed + average power = a lot of stranded runners.

But come on, you don't honestly believe the Yankees are going to play .800 ball the rest of the year, do you?

Whichever doesn't win the Division is going to win the Wild Card, either way.

IUe6Hvh.png

Look, there isn't a person among us who didn't think the Yankees would make the run they're making. We knew the Sox wouldn't keep a 14 game lead all season.

Pitching and defense will prevail, and the Sox will win the division. Don't be fooled by one team going on a run.

Look, there isn't a person among us who didn't think the Yankees would make the run they're making. We knew the Sox wouldn't keep a 14 game lead all season.

Pitching and defense will prevail, and the Sox will win the division. Don't be fooled by one team going on a run.

The problem is that the Red Sox back end of the rotation is a big question mark. Who knows what they'll get out of Wakefield on a given night... everyone knows what they'll get out of Lester... and now they're going to bring up Buchholz, which 've been calling for for a while. Schilling is a huge question mark too.

Francona's a terrible manager... there's no two ways about it. He's loyal to his players, and that's why Gagne threw today.

And the lineup isn't that good. They get on base... and get stranded. Given what we expect out of each player respectively, Manny and Papi have been as big of disappointments as JD Drew has been. It's all going to come down to the remaining series' against the Yankees and the pitching matchups against them.

IUe6Hvh.png

The only reason I'm pissed at Gagne is because he's on my fantasy team. And since Fuentes is injured, the only reliable source I have...:(

Not a good year for your bullpen, then... Fuentes had that week where he blew about 4 saves and took the losses or something like that. Two of 'em on walkoff HR's.

IUe6Hvh.png

Ah, my choice of bullpen guys has sucked this year. I released Isringhausen for Tom Gordon. Dumbest move of the year for me.

But -end hijack-

Yankees still aren't gonna win the division. They can't play THIS good for THIS long.

Heh, if the Indians could hit with RISP then I could take the Sox losing today. When you have the top of your lineup coming up in the 9th, runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs and you can't get even one of them home there's a major problem there. Especially when Rivera is attempting a two inning save.

IUe6Hvh.png

Ah, my choice of bullpen guys has sucked this year. I released Isringhausen for Tom Gordon. Dumbest move of the year for me.

But -end hijack-

Yankees still aren't gonna win the division. They can't play THIS good for THIS long.

They don't have to play .800-ball the rest of the way.

All they have to do is gain 4-5 games (don't know who holds the tiebreaker) in 45 games. That's very possible.....

But -end hijack-

They don't have to play .800-ball the rest of the way.

All they have to do is gain 4-5 games (don't know who holds the tiebreaker) in 45 games. That's very possible.....

Red Sox lead series 7-5 this season with 6 more to play (3 in NY, 3 in Bos)

Eh, they've got a chance... but their schedule is going to get tougher and the Red Sox is going to get easier. And not every team is going to lay down for the two teams like Cleveland has.

The problem is that the Red Sox lineup isn't that good. A high OBP + very little speed + average power = a lot of stranded runners.

But come on, you don't honestly believe the Yankees are going to play .800 ball the rest of the year, do you?

Whichever doesn't win the Division is going to win the Wild Card, either way.

Well they don't have to play .800 ball the rest of the season. Since June 5 which I consider the turning point of the season the Yankees are 42-20 and have a .677 winning percentage. It has been a long streak and I'm just hoping they keep it up.

yankees-1.png

I'll make it simple for you moronic Skankee fans who have these delusions of grandeur:

0% chance of catching the Red Sox in the East

0% chance of catching the Mariners in the Wild Card AND

100% chance that Steinbrenner just slumps over and dies the day after they miss the playoffs.

I'll make it simple for you moronic Skankee fans who have these delusions of grandeur:

0% chance of catching the Mariners in the Wild Card AND

Dude, they're 1 percentage point behind the Mariners.

Archived