Yankees Winning the Division

baseballking99

Go to www.theonion.com and click on the sports link to read a great article about the Yankees.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go to www.theonion.com and click on the sports link to read a great article about the Yankees.

For those lazy bums.

I appreciate you putting the link up. I don't get why a person would go throw the trouble of giving directions to find an article when if they (presumably) just looked at that page, they could just cut and paste the link. CCSLC is great in that a pasted link is automatically converted into a hyperlink. Super-easy.

There's a post in the YouTube thread in the Lounge saying to go to youtube, search for something, scroll halfway down the page, blah, blah, blah. Wouldn't just copying the link, or when applicable posting pics just be easier?

Maybe I should have put this in the gear-grinding thread.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If Gagne keeps coming in for close late-game situations, then I like our chances of taking the division

I agree 100%. The guy is terrible right now. Three blown saves -- all of them were right after the Red Sox came from behind to take the lead, I believe.

What do you do? Can you bury him and just use him for mopup duty? The Sox aren't going to just get rid of him because they'll get a first round pick in the draft when somebody else signs him and they're not giving that up.

IUe6Hvh.png

update on the NL West race, looks like the Rox are 7 games out and now in 4th place. Diamondbacks are still in the lead and tied pretty much for the best record in the National League

Just an update since there's about 30 games, give or take a few, left for each team, Red Sox have a 7.5 game lead going into an off day and then a series with the Yankees -- the Yankees are throwing Mussina tomorrow so there's a good chance the lead grows to 8. Barring a sweep, the Yankees chances of winning the East look like they're on life support, since the Red Sox are red hot and the Yankees have been swooning.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yankees at a 2% chance to win the division, 50% to make the playoffs.

2 percent is low I know the numbers have dropped but they still have 6 against the Sox

Yeah, but the Yankees need to win at least 5 of those 6 to gain a sufficient amount of ground. If they win 4, they only pick up 2 games, and if they split, that's 6 less games they have to make up ground.

If the Red Sox go 16-15 over their last 31 games, that means the Yankees would have to go 24-8 over their last 32 just to tie. Considering the Sox remaining schedule, 16-15 would be considered struggling quite a bit.

IUe6Hvh.png

On another note discussed earlier in this thread... The Rox aren't looking great but aren't looking horrible either, their chances aren't all that great, they'll have to shoot for the wild card being 4 1/2 games back of that.

The Mariners however have a real shot at the division.

The Red Sox have absolutely no killer instinct. They've had so many chances to put the dagger in the Yankees this year and have failed to do so every time. Their schedule is cake, though, so even if they lose tomorrow their five games should be more than enough.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived