Chargers new unis

In 5..4..3..2..1

Meanwhile--how about Seattle in white pants :D ???

Which is special because.......

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im really liking the new chargers look. im not keen on the yellow/gold bolt and powder blue outline, other than that i really like this new look. I like the old schoolish look of the white helmet. i know alot of people like to wank over the previous look but i always found it to be blah compared to the powder blue alts and the fouts era uniforms. the uniforms alone almost has me being a chargers fan just for that reason alone.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The contrast in these between the dark blue and white is sharp but overall, it's still a downgrade IMO.

Perhaps they'll grow on me, but as of right now I agree.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The only objection I have to this set is the lack of a white outline when the bolt is on a blue background. Of course, being the OCD uni-phile that I am, that one detail almost ruins the whole look for me. I saw a couple minutes of the game last night in HD, and even then, the bolt on the pants looks blurred and muddled.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The only objection I have to this set is the lack of a white outline when the bolt is on a blue background. Of course, being the OCD uni-phile that I am, that one detail almost ruins the whole look for me. I saw a couple minutes of the game last night in HD, and even then, the bolt on the pants looks blurred and muddled.

I'm right with you, buddy (and I know that several other board members share the same view). That detail is gonna bug me for as long as they wear these uniforms.

I agree 1000% percent. The white outline is also needed on the white jersey.

1. Why not center the flag on the back of the helmet?

2. Yes, those helmets REALLY need numbers.

3. Unrelated, but why not put the green dot on the back padding of the helmet where the team name is instead of the helmet itself?

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Meanwhile--how about Seattle in white pants :D ???

They always wear white with white...

It's when they wear White Jersey/Dark Pants or Dark Jersey/White Pants that they truly look professional and quite spectacular.

...if only

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Stopped into Value City today, and saw brand spankin' new 2007 Chargers jerseys in powder blue. $29.99.

What's wrong with 'em, you ask? Well, someone doing the printing didn't get the memo, and put the numbers on the sleeves instead of the shoulders. Thing is, with it being a full-sleeved replica, it actually looks better that way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

JBchargersSea276113x26-1.jpg

Heres a better view of the bolt on there pants. And from what i can tell they look noticeable enough to me. As for there new unis in all. I just totally love them.

This perfectly shows my #1 problem with the uniforms... the bolt on navy on the white pants, the bolt on white on the white helmet, and then the bolt on white on the navy shirt. It needs to be consistent. Especially when seen together. Helmet and jersey match, pants do not follow the standard.

I hate white helmets. So boring and bland. The problems with the new uniforms are not the bolts or the font, it's the helmet. If you ask me, they should get rid of all white helmets.

Even Tennessee's? I kid, I kid.... I agree that a navy helmet or numbers on the white helmet would look better. Personally I say go with the navy helmet since it looks kind of out of place (at least with the navy jersey).

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived