Chargers new unis

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Now just fix the sleeve and pants bolts to match the helmet and you're set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really didn't like those uniforms from the live broadcast camera angle. They look real nice, however, between plays, instant replays and any other closeups. The still photos are amazing too. I don't know what it is about the far away look.

Also the blue stripe on the white pants does look bad, but I'm guessing it's also an homage.

Someone actually sent an e-mail to the Chargers beat writer for the San Diego Union Tribune asking about an "urban legend" that the bolts on the shoulder was put on "upside down" by "accident" and the Chargers organization missed this and the NFL approved the uniform with the upside down bolt. The beat writer asked AG Spanos (grandson of owner Alex Spanos and the person responsible for the new design) and he stated that the Bolt is that way on purpose. He too (AG Spanos) was not too keen on the "upside down"bolt, but he came around to Reebok's way of thinking (apparantly, this is their idea) because the bolt on the shoulder "mirrors" the bolt on the helmet and the points of the bolt supposedly make the players' shoulders look broader. FWIW, this is what I read on the boards and you can access the whole thing here: http://www.chargerfans.net/board/index.cgi?read=116982

Well, don't I feel stupid. Here I am one of the loudest complainers about the new bolts and I'd never noticed that the Chargers had "backwards" bolts in the past. D'OH!

Mea culpa aside though, clearly there's been inconsistency because here's John Hadl with "forwards" and "backwards" bolts and his last year in SD was 1972, the year before a previous poster stated they flipped the bolts. Also, aside from the bolts, he seems to be in an identical uni in each pic. You can't see the side of the pants well in the first pic but if you look at his left leg (on right in the pic) it appears to be the stripe and not the bolt. Note his Griese-esque facemask in the second pic.

HadlSmall.jpgHadlSD.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well, don't I feel stupid. Here I am one of the loudest complainers about the new bolts and I'd never noticed that the Chargers had "backwards" bolts in the past. D'OH!

Mea culpa aside though, clearly there's been inconsistency because here's John Hadl with "forwards" and "backwards" bolts and his last year in SD was 1972, the year before a previous poster stated they flipped the bolts. Also, aside from the bolts, he seems to be in an identical uni in each pic. You can't see the side of the pants well in the first pic but if you look at his left leg (on right in the pic) it appears to be the stripe and not the bolt. Note his Griese-esque facemask in the second pic.

HadlSmall.jpgHadlSD.jpg

Those two Hadl pics are from different years. I believe the stripe became part of the uniform in 1972, Hadl's last year as a Charger.

Really, really, dig the jerseys.

Really don't like the white helmets.

I got my shovel out for the helmets...thery're nice

I don't think they need that white outline for the shoulders...it makes the bolt hard to see from a distance.

And the Sabres should use that logo on their jerseys...oh...they nearly do.

YOU NEED TO CHILL OUT WITH ALL THIS SABRES :censored:. THIS IS ABOUT THE S.D. CHARGERS. THE SLUG IS NEVER GOING AWAY - YOUR A YEAR LATE- DEAL.

newsigsma6.jpg

Archived