Chargers new unis

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta say there is something not right with the roads.

I have to agree, I like the home set but something's unsettling about the road set.

33793_699w393h.jpg

33812_699w393h.jpg

33813_699w393h.jpg

For me, it's the thickness of the white pant stripes--or even the fact that the white is there in the first place. It would've made more sense to me to have the bolt right up against plain navy, just like on the shoulder stripe.

i agree with the comment that theres something unsettling about the road set...i would be very, very interested to see how the road tops would look with white pants...i think that would make the whole thing look better...white helmet/jersey/pants...then the blue socks wouldnt be so offensive, either. anyone can photoshop what that might look like? haha...regardless, i feel like it would be a huge improvement. just not feeling the white on blue.

everton.png

Here's the thing about the Charger's uniforms. They have the classic pro helmet design of all time with the bolt. You could pretty much do that helmet in any combination of blue/gold/white and have a cool helmet. The problem is, the team insists on adding bolts to the shoulders and pants legs which makes the whole outfit look cartoonish, like the team is wearing superhero outfits.

Well they are the SUPER CHARGERS. :D

As much as I love the home uniforms, the away uniform, IMO, is a dissappointment, if only because of the horrible pants. The white stripe is a tad bit too big.

I can deal with the home jerseys, but I hate the away uniforms. Like most people, I think the pants stripe is too big, an I also hate the blue socks and pants combo, especially with the white helmet and jersey. Blue socks and pants looked okay with the navy helmet, but with the white hemet, it doesn't look good

MegatronSig2.jpg

33814_699w393h.jpg

The wide pant stripe is a problem as well as the bolt on the shoulder. I think if you eliminate the white stripe, and add a whote outline to the bolt on the pant leg and the shoulder, it would be an improvement.

That right there, that shoulder stripe, is one of the main problems of the whole set.

Shoulder stripes, when they were originally designed way back when, were designed to wrap all the way around the shoulder...having them just cut off like that, and tapering towards the cutoff at that, to me, looks downright tacky. And the way Philip Rivers wears his jersey, it looks like someone pulled the back of his jersey down or he got it tucked too far into his pants in the back. The shoulder stripes don't even look like they were integrally designed...they just look like afterthought tack-ons, to me.

As far as the pants...the home pants are okay because that's pretty much what we're used to seeing--white pants with colored stripes. The current road pants? something of a shock to the senses, seeing dark-ass pants with that wide-ass white stripe on it. I believe that's why it don't look right to a lot of us...in addition to the fact that the previous set's road pants didn't have that white stripe...nor did the home jersey of that set have that white stripe, either.

Then, the major thing of the whole set...that powder blue that--and I don't care this just MY opinion--got entirely TOO forced up in there. I think it was said that the current owner of the Chargers is the one who instituted the navy blue, and being that navy is his stamp on the team's identity, he was reluctant, if damn near completely opposed, to bend over to perceived fan pressure and switch over to the powder blue. The third set--now THAT works, because it is the powder blue so many folks catch woodies over, including the "God" of broadcasting, Chris Berman (who, by the way, I think can be overly annoying).

Those numbers...I mean, they alright, but, IMO, that team still look like a gang of...well...they look like they belong with the group represented by the character in my avatar...

(And...upon closer inspection...it appears that, save for the shoulder stripe, the Chargers are, in fact, using the same jersey cut as the Tennessee Titans. Check the sleeve...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I have to say that I initially recoiled with disgust when I first saw them. Keep in mind, I have always loved the Charger's look, and prefered the Fouts-era unis. I thought the new one were going to be horrible.

But after seeing them in both the home and road versions, I have to say I've really come to like them. After watching highlight film from last year's games, I realize that the new unis are definitely brighter and flashier and I'm very, very happy with them. :D

The wide stripe on the away panel doesn't look as bad on TV as it did when the new unis were first unveiled. I think it's okay. My only problem with the new unis is the backwards-facing shoulder bolts. I want to fix 'em when I see 'em.

ALSO:

Chargers_variations8.gif

I hate to be an @-hole, but it would have been nice if you'd asked to use this avatar that I designed. I used that one on the Charger Forum of the San Diego Tribune.

A smaller-sized one that is similar is used on this forum. This is a forum with designers who hate having their stuff used without permission. Please ask next time. Most folks probably will not have a problem with someone borrowing their stuff, but the key is to ask! :mad:

i agree with the comment that theres something unsettling about the road set...i would be very, very interested to see how the road tops would look with white pants...i think that would make the whole thing look better...white helmet/jersey/pants...then the blue socks wouldnt be so offensive, either. anyone can photoshop what that might look like? haha...regardless, i feel like it would be a huge improvement. just not feeling the white on blue.

Now these's arent mine. I just found them off the thread when the chargers first released their new jerseys

newuniformsqq9vbaway1lu2.jpg

newuniformsqq9vbhome1hk9.jpg

newuniformsqq9vegasboltfx8.jpg

newuniformsqq9vegasbolthp7.jpg

i saw them on sportscenter, and thought it was a titans highlight for a second... the white/white/navy blue looked very titansy...

hopefully the titans ditch the navy pants, and solve the problem :)

Methinks the blue pants on the road will disappear quickly this season. They just don't look right with the white jersey and white helmet. The pant stripe really ruins the uniform.

Why not just keep the solid lightning bolt on the pants without the wide-a** white stripe? It looks terrible. The best part of the old Charger uniform was the navy pants with the gold lightning bolt. It was cool. This is not.

All in all, I kinda like what they were trying to do with the uniform set and the colors. It just didn't quite work out as well as it should have.

I think we will see the all white look become the usual SD road uniform after a few road games this year.

By looking at the pictures of LT during the unveiling, the all navy and all white looks are the best.

Now these's arent mine. I just found them off the thread when the chargers first released their new jerseys

newuniformsqq9vbaway1lu2.jpg

newuniformsqq9vbhome1hk9.jpg

newuniformsqq9vegasboltfx8.jpg

newuniformsqq9vegasbolthp7.jpg

I'm not sure about the blue on blue, but white on white would look great. I'd like to see these mock ups from the side. The white stripe on the blue pants is so wide that the all blue might look okay.

Archived