Chargers new unis

In 5..4..3..2..1

When we first had the thread for the new uniform somebody did a version with gold pants. Looked great. What if they wore gold pants, home and road, with the bolt inside a white stripe? That would solve the biggest complaint people have with both sets of pants (too wide stripe on the road, too hard to see the bolt on the home).

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharp--great find. i think the white on white looks pretty sharp there. im sure its only a matter of time before they play with that combination and hopefully itll look as good on the field as it does there. seachickens went away from the white on blue pretty quickly on the road with their new set a couple years ago, wouldnt be surprised to see the same thing here..

everton.png

The SD Union-Tribune reported today that the Chargers will be wearing their white jerseys at home for their opener against the Bears. The article stated that the reasoning behind it is to put the Bears in their dark tops and have them deal with the heat. Will we see the Chargers white (home) pants as well?

33814_699w393h.jpg

The wide pant stripe is a problem as well as the bolt on the shoulder. I think if you eliminate the white stripe, and add a whote outline to the bolt on the pant leg and the shoulder, it would be an improvement.

How about getting rid of the repetitive bolt on the leg? How many bolts does a uniform need? How about a couple of thin stripes or just solid pants?

I've never been a big fan of using one element on a uniform over and over again. Remember the old Pats jerseys with the guy's head all over the uni? Much better now.

I think the white helmet is the killer. It sticks out so bad...especially because these seem based off the last set and I'm used to the navy helmet.

I'd say the home needs to fill in the white around the bolts on the shoulders and use a navy helmet.

I'd say the roads need just the navy helmet...maybe fill in the white on the pants.

I'd say the alt needs (since you would now have a navy helmet) to fill in the white around the bolts on the shoulder with navy to tie it all in....but what the heck do I know. That would also tie in the home pants/socks instead of using two sets of white pants/socks.

KISSwall09.jpg

The SD Union-Tribune reported today that the Chargers will be wearing their white jerseys at home for their opener against the Bears. The article stated that the reasoning behind it is to put the Bears in their dark tops and have them deal with the heat. Will we see the Chargers white (home) pants as well?

But then it won't match the Nike commerical!

But then it won't match the Nike commerical!

Lets hope it doesn't match a damn thing about what happens in that commercial.

It's so inconsistent. Things like this piss me off, as it would have been so easy just to make every bolt on a white background. There's just no consistency.

The funny thing about that statement is that when they were making the change the team said they were looking to get the bolts more consistent. One of their main points was about how many points each bolt had and that they were all the same now. Never mind they look like a mess with the coloring. They need to figure out that to make the look consistent is if the bolt is on a blue background, it needs a white outline around it.

The uniform rules. I think it's one of the best in the NFL right now.

If you don't like it you suck.

I don't like this ugly Arena League-esque hodgepodge of bolts, backwards bolts, curvy bolts, and forced powder blue accents, and I don't suck either.

Perhaps you suck for suggesting that others suck for disagreeing with you. Besides, if you were truly such a Raiders fan that you're ready to fight about it, you'd hate anything the Chargers wear.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived