New Sacramento State logo

jgladding

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/news/re...release_id=6646

8/6/2007

VertS4web(1).jpg

Sacramento State athletics unveiled an updated logo and announced its immediate approval for official use through the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), it was announced today.

The updated athletic marks - anchored by the monogram 'S' logo with a stinger - give the program a progressive look that helps position the brand in the 21st century while adopting components that bring the look in line with the University?s marks.

The process of updating the athletic marks was a collaborative effort that included input from campus alumni, students, faculty and staff.

"The athletic department adopted an ?S? monogram a few years back that has been very well received by the athletic community," Sacramento State Athletics Director Terry Wanless said. ?The updated monogram brings the athletics? mark in line with the University?s new identity package while retaining a distinct identity for the Hornet athletic program.?

Visual identity plays an important role in shaping the image of intercollegiate athletic programs. The update to the monogram 'S' with a stinger was developed to symbolize characteristics of a hornet.

The development of the monogram is also aimed at reflecting the University?s logos along with its goals and themes. Visual similarities can be identified by the free-flowing dynamic of the monogram ?S?.

In addition to the update of the monogram, a new logotype package was created. A clean, modern approach stressing the importance of legibility was a key focus.

Roll out of the new marks is scheduled to take place throughout the upcoming year on all physical structures as well as on all uniforms and athletic gear.

Ehhh, it's Sac State. Their athletic program has been a disaster through and through for years. This shouldn't be much of a shock. Really not much of an update either, it looks like they took the previous oval S and just tinkered with it a bit.

The new logo has a resemblence to this guy...

TROGDOR!!!

trogdor.gif

VertS4web(1).jpg

Yeah, watch as the Sac State Hornets start burninating everyone in the Big Sky... :P

Well, it's a decent looking logo. Nothing to really write home about.

The new logo has a resemblence to this guy...

TROGDOR!!!

trogdor.gif

VertS4web(1).jpg

Yeah, watch as the Sac State Hornets start burninating everyone in the Big Sky... :P

Well, it's a decent looking logo. Nothing to really write home about.

Yeah untill they play UM.

I can now kinda see what this logo was meant to resemble. I think the things coming off the S are supposed to be wings.

You guys are really stretching if you think it resembles a swastika.

And even if it does have slight resemblance...it doesn't near the real thing.

The swastika is a dang cool design shape, and it's crap the Nazi's ruined that. Don't let them ruin anything that comes close to that design shape.

Now, I don't like this much because I see more of a dragon snake then a hornet. But not because I can try and make a clever joke about Sac State being Nazis.

You guys are really stretching if you think it resembles a swastika.

And even if it does have slight resemblance...it doesn't near the real thing.

The swastika is a dang cool design shape, and it's crap the Nazi's ruined that. Don't let them ruin anything that comes close to that design shape.

Now, I don't like this much because I see more of a dragon snake then a hornet. But not because I can try and make a clever joke about Sac State being Nazis.

I'd hardly call it stretching if five people (myself included) got that same impression.

BTW, I would be interested to hear a clever joke about Sac State being Nazis right about now....my day is going pretty crappy. Fire away....

Archived