Virginia Navigators

worcat

W.gif

B.gif

Based on Virginia's history of Navigation, I used the wheel as the base of the image and worked in the V and N in the design. I wanted to keep the jersey design with an old style. I originally wanted to use colors similar to the whalers or seahawks but they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped for. I am considering working on a shoulder logo - it'll be an anchor with the bottom shaped like a 'V' for Virginia. but I'm still undecided.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The jersey is a little plain, but since you wanted an "old style" I guess it's cool. A complete set with numbers and everything would be better though. The logo is sharp. I got the 'V' right away and I see the 'N' but it's not as obvious. Very clever. The only real gripe I have is that the 'V' may be too distorted. The right angle is probably too much for it to say 'V.' If you scrapped that and had just the 'N' (probably with a defining outline), that would look really sharp.

Solid start overall. I like the logo idea, but I don't see a 'V' really working though. I hope you prove me wrong though.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

W.gif

B.gif

Based on Virginia's history of Navigation, I used the wheel as the base of the image and worked in the V and N in the design. I wanted to keep the jersey design with an old style. I originally wanted to use colors similar to the whalers or seahawks but they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped for. I am considering working on a shoulder logo - it'll be an anchor with the bottom shaped like a 'V' for Virginia. but I'm still undecided.

What do you mean by history of navigation? Are you making some leap in associating the State of Virginia with the naval history of the Tidewater area? As for the logo it reminded me on the Oilers' 3rd oil gear thingy. While I see the V, the N is hard and the ships wheel looks more like a cog.

I would change the name to the Newport News Navigators, and go from there. If you must use navigator or come up with something that has more of a statewide appeal if you want to use Virginia. As for the colors try adding another shade of blue to the Navy and Silver you have now.

Now on the plus side you did a very good job in executing what you wanted to design, it is a neat job and looks like you took your time which is a plus.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The idea is OK, but if you're going to do a shoulder logo with a V, then I would just stick with the N in the wheel. Having both the V and the N in there clutters it up too much.

The jerseys look good, even if they are recoloured Bruins templates.

Archived