Houston Texans Jersey Schedule

ShlyKBMT

Whats the point of randomly wearing white at home when you play in an indoor stadium?

The Texans play in a retractable-roof stadium and usually have opened the roof if it's not raining.

That used to be the case before Sept of 2005. The Texans decided to wear white and keep the roof open for an early Sept game against PIT. It was a warm day and it got up to the high 90's inside the stadium (on the field and in the lower tier - the air conditioning doesn't work so well outside the concourses when the roof is open). More than a few people complained, expecially after the Steelers killed Houston and the whole "make-the-opposition-wear-dark-jerseys"-thing blew up in their face. So last season, the team instituted the 50/80 Rule for the roof. The outside temp has to be between 50 and 80 degrees, and there can't be any precipitation, for the roof to be open.

So the white/blue jersey home switch has more to do with giving the home fans a chance to see both sets of jerseys than any practical purpose anymore.

Thanks for the clarification. I remember reading all of the postgame fuss about the heat, but I didn't remember the Texans changing the policy.

So, the Texans don't really have a "home" uniform, do they? 3 blue days, 3 white and 2 red... that's about as spread out as you can get. From a marketing/merchandise standpoint it's pretty good, especially if they tie it in with a red/blue/whiteout day every time and the fans actually own all three jerseys (or even Texans-branded gear in all 3). But I don't know if I'm into that...

Chances are I'd stick with one jersey and stand out as the guy wearing blue in the sea of red if I were a Texans fan.

So, the Texans don't really have a "home" uniform, do they? 3 blue days, 3 white and 2 red... that's about as spread out as you can get. From a marketing/merchandise standpoint it's pretty good, especially if they tie it in with a red/blue/whiteout day every time and the fans actually own all three jerseys (or even Texans-branded gear in all 3). But I don't know if I'm into that...

Chances are I'd stick with one jersey and stand out as the guy wearing blue in the sea of red if I were a Texans fan.

I don't know anyone that has all three jerseys. I'm not saying no one does,, I'm just saying I don't know anyone who does. From an observational POV, the white jerseys are the most visible around town because they are the most readily available and the team wears them the most (between home and road games). It's not hard to get a blue jersey if you want one, but it just seems like the whites are available in more places. But there are a good number of red jerseys too. I think the fanbase liked the red jerseys initially and then they really got on board when the team pulled an upset while wearing them, against a SuperBowl-bound Carolina team. The reds are still a novelty, because they only wear them a couple of times a year.

You see a good mix of white and blue jerseys at most games, but on Battle Red Day, the place is almost entirely red. Between the jerseys and the special "Battle Red Day"-branded t-shirts, it is pretty monochromatic.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I don't know anyone that has all three jerseys. I'm not saying no one does,, I'm just saying I don't know anyone who does. From an observational POV, the white jerseys are the most visible around town because they are the most readily available and the team wears them the most (between home and road games). It's not hard to get a blue jersey if you want one, but it just seems like the whites are available in more places. But there are a good number of red jerseys too. I think the fanbase liked the red jerseys initially and then they really got on board when the team pulled an upset while wearing them, against a SuperBowl-bound Carolina team. The reds are still a novelty, because they only wear them a couple of times a year.

You see a good mix of white and blue jerseys at most games, but on Battle Red Day, the place is almost entirely red. Between the jerseys and the special "Battle Red Day"-branded t-shirts, it is pretty monochromatic.

I originally had a blue jersey when the first came out but now I only wear my red Andre Johnson jersey.

I have a Blue and white jersey. I've want a red Andre Johnson jersey. It would be great if they could pull of a stadium full of red.

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

Archived