Tulane's new football uniforms.....

tulanebc

986689aw0.jpg

This makes me SO happy....NO piping, they got rid of the Grasshopper look, brought back the Sky blue into prominence....comments???

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Why the big "TULANE" across the chest? Can't we figure out who they are just by seeing their helmet at a game, or *gulp* actually looking at the score on the tv screen?

Aside from that, they look really sharp!

Why the big "TULANE" across the chest? Can't we figure out who they are just by seeing their helmet at a game, or *gulp* actually looking at the score on the tv screen?

Aside from that, they look really sharp!

it is a traditional college look...

...and it looks flippin beautiful.

THAT is what football uniforms are supposed to look like...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I agree that it is a traditional college look and it is too damn big. I've always identified those colors as Tulane and the large name across the front is unnecessary and kinda ugly.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I agree that it is a traditional college look and it is too damn big. I've always identified those colors as Tulane and the large name across the front is unnecessary and kinda ugly.

Glad to see they brought back blue to their football uniforms.

I'm glad I'm not in the minority about the return of the Sky Blue......it's a part of tradition.....hell, it's a part of the FIGHT SONG!!! If you look back at Tulane tradition, especially in the late 70's-early 80's, there was a big emphasis on the Sky Blue in the logo and the uniform.....ever since we got into C-USA, they added black, and with the logo change in '98, we added Sea Foam Green, Silver, etc. etc.....I'm glad we have these now, and I HOPE we can establish some form of an identity with our unis to compliment the logo....give us a sense of tradition......something we've been sorely lacking

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

I know that this has been said before, but I still find there 'T' logo with the wave to be in poor taste considering recent events. You'd think they'd make a more concerted effort to go back to the old wave logo from a decade or so ago in place of this 'T' crushed by wave of water logo.

I know that this has been said before, but I still find there 'T' logo with the wave to be in poor taste considering recent events. You'd think they'd make a more concerted effort to go back to the old wave logo from a decade or so ago in place of this 'T' crushed by wave of water logo.

I think the sensitivity about Katrina is a stretch. If that were the case, why not remove the blue in case someone were traumatized by the site of water? Or, maybe they should drop the Wave reference?

I think people are mature enough to deal with the symbolism as intended. Plus, it is a huge difference between an act of God and a human-initiated atrocity. You may feel that way, and I'm sorry if you do. However, it's safe to say the vast majority see it as a non-issue.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

If they make a powder blue alternate with green numbers and white trim, I'll buy one!

(That said, somebody photoshop this with said color scheme -- please!)

Here ya' go i'm not that good with Photoshop, yet but I'm working on it! Until then I hope that this soothes any cravings that you might have. I don't have their confrence logo to put on the other shoulder opposite the Nike logo and I didn't want to make 'TULANE' green with a white trim cause' I felt that it was just too much. Anyway, I think that overall it looks good for what they did and if given they put these out I think that I might have to get one myself!

CONCEPT81-TulaneBlueAlt.2008.png

I think the sensitivity about Katrina is a stretch. If that were the case, why not remove the blue in case someone were traumatized by the site of water? Or, maybe they should drop the Wave reference?

I think people are mature enough to deal with the symbolism as intended. Plus, it is a huge difference between an act of God and a human-initiated atrocity. You may feel that way, and I'm sorry if you do. However, it's safe to say the vast majority see it as a non-issue.

I think you might be giving people more credit than they deserve quite frankly. I'm not trying to perpetuate some kind of liberal attempt to change their identity, I'm just stating the obvious. And yes, UNFORTUNATELY the vast majority of people see it as a non-issue because we've all pretty much forgotten about that area because it doesn't dominate the news anymore even though its very much an issue in much of New Orleans....but I think I'm turning this thread down a place we don't want to go.

And BTW, they are called the GREEN Wave are they not? So what is the purpose of a BLUE wave? Thats actually the primary reason why I hate that logo. It makes ZERO sense to me to have it blue unless of course they are referring to the afore mentioned tragedy, which we all know they are not.

Archived