Yankee's Phil Rizzuto uni impact

nybatt

for the yankee fans on the board, especially those of us growing up in the 70's and 80's a major part of our yankee youth has passed away. his TV career will live forever in the hearts and minds of my generation.

to the older generations phil rizzuto was the classic NY Italian-American who was "too small" and would never make it in MLB. #10 was a cornerstone of the yankee teams after WWII.

ANYHOW, the uni impact should be interesting. the yanks are already wearing the black armband for cory lidle, but when legendary yanks pass, especially those whose numbers have been retired, the precedent is to stitch the actually uni number on the sleeve.

previously, dimaggio's #5 and mantle's #7 have followed this practice. don't be surprise if #10 is on the home pinstripes tonight.

a sad day indeed.

"Rirruto?"

"Those are Z's"

High-five for anyone who knows what I'm talking about.

That's all I could think about whenever they talked about him today. But on a serious note, a big loss for all of baseball. I expect to see the patch.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

"Rirruto?"

"Those are Z's"

High-five for anyone who knows what I'm talking about.

Billy Madison!

"thats not fair, Rizzuto's a baseball player!"

That's what I was thinking about too. And this is the third scene from Billy Madison that I've heard quoted today.

And more on topic, does anybody have pictures of the Yankees uniforms with a number on the sleeve?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived