Fred T. Jane

Storylines of the Weekend:

Arsenal continues to roll

Chelsea in crisis

Liverpool drop points (again)

Arminia Bielefeld gets thwacked at Schalke

Marseille 1 point out of the drop zone in Ligue 1

Dutch clubs top the B!PL after Week 1

and Leeds continue their assault on Lge 1. Undefeated, 7-game winning streak to start season. :)

That being said, how about that Chelsea in crisis. I will shed no tears. Mourinho was the one link to legitimacy in the whole sordid Abramovich saga. Instead, Roman resorted to the same tactics of every other megalomaniacal billionaire with delusions of grandeur - he decided he could do a better job than anyone else. Ridiculous. Longtime Chelsea fans were already bemoaning the soulless atmosphere at the Bridge. Now with Abramovich dictating lineups, a nothing puppet like Avram Grant at the touchlines, and Andriy Shevchenko utterly loafing through, guaranteed first team action strictly because of his friendship with the billionaire, the club is a complete and total farce.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...

As a fan of the Blues, that would be awesome. But at the same time, I'd want him to stay in La Liga because the football there is much more tuned toward the Brazilian style of play. And after watching him play with Brazil a couple of weeks ago in Foxboro, I'd hate to see his game become flat by moving to EPL (I know I'll get torched for that statement).

Archived