Cards-Brewers Throwing back to 1982

STL FANATIC

This pic must be from when they celebrated their 5th straight 40 win season. There were 100 fans back home celebrating simultaneously.

It still boggles my mind why that team moved to Washington :rolleyes:

Wow do you even remember that team at all? Between 1979-1998 they always had decent teams. Some of those teams were even great. 1981...and I swear that 1994 team would have gone all the way. There were some GREAT years in Montreal when believe it or not they would PACK Olympic Stadium. Considering how they had started to improve just before the move to Washington, I'm convinced that had they built a new ballpark there, the team would have become a powerful contender. Instead, Loria killed the franchise then bolted to Miami where he tried killing THAT franchise. I swear that man is going to come to a violent end. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Tell me about it. In my dream world, the TB Devil Rays would have been in Washington instead, and the Expos would still be around.

The Exbos were never great, they were always the "up and coming team" but never fulfilled any of the expectations. So this great team had two good seasons and they both happened to be in strike years. Think about that for an minute. Don't blame one man for a legacy of bad teams. Montreal is not and never will be a baseball market, the bottom line is the team moved because no one came to see them. Stick to hockey, eh!

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This pic must be from when they celebrated their 5th straight 40 win season. There were 100 fans back home celebrating simultaneously.

Wow do you even remember that team at all? Between 1979-1998 they always had decent teams. Some of those teams were even great. 1981...and I swear that 1994 team would have gone all the way. There were some GREAT years in Montreal when believe it or not they would PACK Olympic Stadium. Considering how they had started to improve just before the move to Washington, I'm convinced that had they built a new ballpark there, the team would have become a powerful contender. Instead, Loria killed the franchise then bolted to Miami where he tried killing THAT franchise. I swear that man is going to come to a violent end. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Tell me about it. In my dream world, the TB Devil Rays would have been in Washington instead, and the Expos would still be around.

The Exbos were never great, they were always the "up and coming team" but never fulfilled any of the expectations. So this great team had two good seasons and they both happened to be in strike years. Think about that for an minute. Don't blame one man for a legacy of bad teams. Montreal is not and never will be a baseball market, the bottom line is the team moved because no one came to see them. Stick to hockey, eh!

Expos were never great????

WTF????

Expos were the Majors' Farm system for the last 10 years... If you take all the great players who started with the Expos in their last 10 seasons and make an All-Star team, they'd beat any World Series' Champions, Any one of them...

I'll give you one thing - Montreal did NOT deserve that team...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

From '79-'81, the Expos were the team to beat and things just didn't fall their way. If Rick Monday didn't hit that damn home run, they might have had a very different history. You kind of really had to follow the team back then to understand it. I have a pinwheel Expos hat sitting on my desk right now. Even after '81 they were very competitive and kept developing players. They could have been the Florida Marlins before the Marlins even existed.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I don't know how many times I've seen standings or runs that the Cardinals made in the 80s and seeing Montreal always near the top of the NL East standings. For awhile they were a very good team that couldn't get over the hump.

Some People have such short memories. Sometimes its Yankees fans forgetting that they sucked in the 70s/80s, that the Cardinals were awful in the 70s, forgetting that the Cubs couldn't draw dick in the 70s, or that yes, the "terrible" Expos, Royals, and Brewers were good at one time.

sarcasm - noun

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Has this board gotten THAT serious? :rolleyes:

Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet, smiley faces non-withstanding.

And I think the board HAS to get serious. What will all of the Maple Leafs/Senators back-and-forth and the constant picking on of STL Fanatic's fanatacism.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've never seen one team give so much attention to a 25 year old PENNANT. I mean, come on.

Toronto Maple Leafs 1967 Cup ...

This year they had a parade downtown for a 30-year-old NBA title.

But I get what you're saying. The Brewers didn't even win the championship!

And I don't know what all of you are complaining about here, anyway. Maybe they didn't get the uniforms exactly right, but they put in the effort at least.

And I think the board HAS to get serious. What will all of the Maple Leafs/Senators back-and-forth and the constant picking on of STL Fanatic's fanatacism.

I smeeeell some sarcasm!

I smeeeell some sarcasm!

no.... really? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I smeeeell some sarcasm!

no.... really? ^_^

there's that smell again!!!!!

^_^

Archived