LV IronPigs Unis unveiled

Backdraft

Its hard to see from the picture they posted, but take a look at the store for a better idea.

http://www.ironpigsbaseball.com/pressbox/n...l?article_id=34

I actually like the home and away jerseys, and the Saturday one is nice too. The Sunday and BP jerseys are just bad. As for the hats, I wish they had gone with the Away hat for both home and away. The LV looks good on the hat. The logo is just too hokey for me. I can even go for the Sunday hat. The steel "I" with the pigs tail is at least interesting...

So is the Ottawa franchise moving to Lehigh Valley?

Unique logo, may have to splurge for a tee after my trip to Vegas.

I don't necessarily mind the logo in general, but I was just hoping it wouldnt make its way on to the hat. The away hat was pretty much what I had in mind. That Saturday thing - I just have no idea what that is...

heh, I know a guy on the Lynx, I figure he's hoping his jersey reads Phillies on the front instead of IronPigs next year. That said, I like the jerseys, and away and sunday caps. the home and BP caps, passable but I could live without. the saturday cap, I see as an attempt to imitate the Lake Elsinore Storm's famed eyes cap, only this fails miserably.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Ironpigs Uniform Sets

Home Cap

Road Cap

Saturday Cap

Sunday Cap

My take:

- Love the jerseys, A+. the swinging pig on the BP is classic.

- Caps overall are a solid B. I'd rather see the caps as follows:

Home: Navy blue with LV monogram

Road: Same as is right now

Alt 1: Red with Pig Head logo

Alt 2: Navy blue with Pig Head logo

By the way, that Saturday cap could also be homage to the Ottawa Lynx caps:

pMLB2-2003411dt.jpg

Yes, Ottawa is moving to Allentown, PA

Why the hell would anyone want to move to Allentown, Pennsylvania? I lived there for 67-1/2 excruciating months back in 1998 -- the place is an absolute pit!

1. It's closer to Philadelphia than Ottawa.

2. They've been trying to put a team there for ten years (and did, briefly -- the Ambassadors only lasted like three years).

3. It' the third largest city in the state.

philly.png

Why the hell would anyone want to move to Allentown, Pennsylvania? I lived there for 67-1/2 excruciating months back in 1998 -- the place is an absolute pit!

Thank you for your contribution.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks great. I live in Ottawa and it is great to see them getting so excited about AAA baseball in Allentown because there is absolutely no interest here. I am sure the players would much rather play in front of a full house in Allentown then 200 people in Ottawa and at least they now know when they move they will have great looking new unis

Thank you for your contribution.

Between that, his obnoxiously large sig, and his incessant crying about how the Suns got screwed by the refs in the playoffs, he's becoming quite famous.

philly.png

The home and road unis are great, although I share the preference for the road cap.

Doesn't it seem as though they ran some of these descriptions through Babelfish and back a couple times?

There is also a patch on the left sleeve, which features the ?Stance? of the fully developed body of the pig head in the main logo.
The Official Sunday Game Cap is the only two-toned cap in the fleet, with a brick red crown and a furnace blue bill.

And my favorite:

The IronPigs Saturday uniform features a brick red cap has an enigmatic look from the IronPig?s front side.

:blink:

I really like their set. I think it's a little extreme to have 5 jerseys, 5 hats, and 2 pants. I might get a hat but but since they have 5 I don't know which one I'll get.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Looks great. I live in Ottawa and it is great to see them getting so excited about AAA baseball in Allentown because there is absolutely no interest here. I am sure the players would much rather play in front of a full house in Allentown then 200 people in Ottawa and at least they now know when they move they will have great looking new unis

This is true. I go see the Lynx all the time because it's a 5 minute walk from my house. There is never anyone in the stands even though tickets only cost 9 bucks. I'm moving after this summer though, and so are they. It's kinda weird how that worked out. We're supposed to get a Can-Am baseball team next year to fill the stadium. I'm gonna miss watching the Lynx lose.

Oh... and on topic... I like the hokey looking pig... very triple-A.

thecatch.jpg

This is true. I go see the Lynx all the time because it's a 5 minute walk from my house. There is never anyone in the stands even though tickets only cost 9 bucks. I'm moving after this summer though, and so are they. It's kinda weird how that worked out. We're supposed to get a Can-Am baseball team next year to fill the stadium. I'm gonna miss watching the Lynx lose.

Oh... and on topic... I like the hokey looking pig... very triple-A.

I was actually at their first ever game- always preferred their original logo & black/silver look. The Lynx drew really well their first few years, won the IL pennant in 1995 and had some players who went on to solid careers in the majors (Rondell White, Cliff Floyd, FP Santangelo, Matt Stairs). The novelty seemed to wear off after that, never really undestood why since it is not like they had major competition- the Senators & 67s were a different season and the Rough Riders and then the Renegades went belly-up. The last game I attended a few years ago, on a beautiful sunny day, had maybe 800 people there in a stadium that seats 10 000. Too bad, it's a really nice ballpark but pro baseball (I guess like the Expos) seem to fall out of favour after the strike in that area.

IronPigs?? :huh: What a great name :rolleyes:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

These are really nice uniforms. With a name like Iron Pigs I wasn't really expecting much. And I like how the saturday cap pays homage to the Lynx current caps. Too bad this move is putting me out of a job.

1. It's closer to Philadelphia than Ottawa.

2. They've been trying to put a team there for ten years (and did, briefly -- the Ambassadors only lasted like three years).

3. It' the third largest city in the state.

4. You don't have to pay for passports anymore.

5. Lose the sig.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived