Your Opinion Of The Current San Diego State Aztecs Unis?

FRIAR_BOLT_619

Seeing that so many of you on here have such vast knowledge when it comes to unis and such, maybe a lil to much lol jk, I come to you to find out your opinion of the current aztecs, Personally i love there b ball road and home unis, As for football i dunno but i always hated the marshall faulk unis they dawned back when he played and are using now again. I do like there current logo alot though.

SDSU.gif

Image00059987.jpg

Image00010722.jpg

The Basketball unis are not that bad, the football on the other hand, I don't like. I much perfer their more recent uniforms, especially the two toned helmet they had. It was original idea that fit in well with their name. By that I mean it was an illistration of what you might expect an Aztec look to be. I have never seen and Aztec, so I don't know if it was effective, but that is how I feel anyway.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

I wish that the basketball team would have kept the Aztecs name on one of the jerseys. During my time at Montezuma Mesa they always had at least one jersey that said Aztecs instead of San Diego State and I would have like to see this "tradition" continued. I am happy at the fact that they stopped using the gold alternate from a couple of years ago.

As for the football team I like it. The only thing I would change is the helmet. I would have liked to see a lighter red and a bolder font on the Aztecs wordmark.

sig.jpg

Fellow MWC'er here--

Apart from the fact the uniforms give me nightmares of Marshall Faulk running all over BYU's pitiful run defense, I think SDSU's current football uniforms are a thing of beauty. The uniforms recall this traditional SDSU look while still feeling fresh:

SDSU_uniform_2.jpg

I only have a minor quibble with the spear/shield "A" on the helmets--the spear seems to always be in the wrong position. On the left side logo, the spear on the "A" is pointing backwards--it should point fowards. On the right side logo, the spear/shield should be around the "S" with the spear again pointing forward. Other than that, seeing SDSU return to a more traditional look was like have an old enemy back--which is a good thing.

The basketball jerseys pictured are okay--nice and clean, though I think the home whites should say "Aztecs" instead of San Diego State. I don't know what the current aways look like, but when I saw them in the Marriott Center a few years back, the black jersey numbers on red jerseys where a little hard to read from a distance.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

As a current Aztec (and therefore biased :P) I have to say that the basketball unis are perfect.

As for football, tradition is behind the black and black look so theres nothing wrong there but I'd like to see a different helmet, the use of gold on the "aztec" font just doesnt seem to go well with the overall black and red look. I'd like to see just block "aztec" lettering or maybe even a big "A".

edit: I would not be completely against bringing these back

sdsu1995b.jpg

14ilxq9.png

The new football unis unveiled last year are sharp, clean simple, and represent a nod to past greatness with a few stylistic updates. Additionally, they feature shoulder stripes which somehow, in today's wacky age of advanced uniform systems and technology, still manage to wrap around, as stripes should. That makes 'em winners all around in my book.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

These were always my favorites. To bad they didnt last to long.

sports01_thumb.jpg

sports07a.jpg

san_di82_thumb.jpg

I actually liked the all black unis except for the red piping. As for the jerseys with the red shoulders I wasn't a big fan. It was too much red for me.

sig.jpg

They're okay. Of all the Aztec football uniforms, the Marshall Faulk/Dan McGuire unis were the best. I'd still love to see a large picture of the '86 unis with the thick white stripe and I think Aztecs on that stripe.

Archived