Blue Mets Uni?

Brian E

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okay, so i know this is listed under a fashion jersey on the mlb shop website, but i find it curious that there are SO many players avalible. do you think that this might be a prototype for a coming of a new mets alternate?

I'd like to think so. But this type of question is often raised: "Do you think this or that fashion jersey or ballpark giveaway or throwback or whatever is a prototype of things to come?" Which raises the further question: Do teams ever test the waters in this way? I don't know the answer to that question. Does anyone know whether there is a significant record of teams test-marketing or soft-releasing new unis in this manner?

20082614447.png

I hope to god so, because then they can replace these with the blacks everyone here dreads

I know alot of people hate there blacks, But i still cant understand why, To me they look sharp. I dunno maybe im just colorblind. haha

They are the exact opposite of sharp. They are a dark, muddled mess. There is hardly any white, ridiculous drop shadows, and most importantly, black, blue, and orange don't go well together. You can't read the jerseys unless you have an HDTV.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

When did the mets wear these, Yikes now that is just beyond a mess.

BestWorstBaseballUniforms_NewYorkMe.jpg

Those were the old BP's; they never saw action in a real game. They came between the current BP jerseys and the bright orange ones.

I would love if the Mets replaced the blacks with those blues. Just slap a number on the front, and fix the lettering and the number on the back, and it's a fine alternate jersey. I think the Binghamton Mets wear a similar jersey, but the blue is much darker.

Black on the Royals jersey = Travesty

Black on the Mets jersey = Proper

The Mets identity pays homage to the Brooklyn Dodgers (blue) and the New York Giants (black).

Black should be part of their color scheme.

It looks good.

As long as they are going to have a home alt and an away alt, they might as well make one blue - the home one.

Everyone loves a roundel.

The Mets identity pays homage to the Brooklyn Dodgers (blue) and the New York Giants (black).

It's actually the Dodger Blue, Giants Orange, and Yankee Pinstripes that made up the uniform. There was no black until 1998...and then they re-colored their logo as an alternate for 1999-Present...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The time has come for the black to go. The Mets should go back to the pinstripe uni for home, grey with the New York in block or script for the road and a blue alt. I have noticed this year the Mets wearing the blue more and more. Maybe the players and ownership have finally heard that the majority of Met fans hate the black.

Black on the Mets jersey = Proper

I agree. Black represents a shameless attempt to get extra money at the expense of tradition and the team's own identity. I can think of nothing more proper for a team that plays in the Mecca of capitalism.

Archived