New US Soccer Jersey in Feb.

The Swamp Yankee

Recent Article from SignonSanDiego.com:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/socce...1s15soccer.html

I was at that game in Hartford when the US men wore the red "Dont Tread On Me" jersey and it looked amazing, so I really agree with this guy about the lack of identity for the US squad.

What I find interesting is that at the end of the article a rep from Nike mentions a new jersey coming in February. Does anyone know about this or have any information?

February makes sense. Four years ago, before Euro 04 (and/or for the mid-WC uniform change) Nike released their new uniforms in the winter (late January? I think) during the international friendlies...winter like that again would make sense.

harperdc.gif

Nike is planning to unveil a new men's uniform in February.

?I'm not giving anything away,? Desmond says. ?But you'll be calling me back then to talk about it.?

Why am I suddenly filled with a growing feeling of deep, deep dread?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

With WC qualifying due to get in full swing next year, I've been waiting for this topic to emerge.

Honestly, I'm less concerned about what '08 set looks like because it will never see World Cup action. While I'd love to see the Stars and Stripes look good, and I'll definitely be sad to see the current ones go, a part of me doesn't want the upcoming kits to look too classic or unique because no one will really remember them since they'll only be used for WC qualifying and the Confederations Cup. Pretty messed up, huh?

Is it too much to ask for that Nike use some of the same motifs as the current set (sashes, etc.) in order preserve a little continuity?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Is it too much to ask for that Nike use some of the same motifs as the current set (sashes, etc.) in order preserve a little continuity?

Well I think it'll be up to US Soccer to make sure the sash stays as part of the unifrom. Hopefully it will remain in some form. I'd like to see the US roll out an updated 1950 home shirt with a blue/red sash in 2010 when they head to the World Cup. As far as the current blue shirt, I'm fine with changing it somewhat but I still would like to see a dedicated third shirt, like the DTOM jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Please, no more pinstripes. Either keep it along the lines of what's used currently, or take us back to 1950.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well I think it'll be up to US Soccer to make sure the sash stays as part of the unifrom. Hopefully it will remain in some form. I'd like to see the US roll out an updated 1950 home shirt with a blue/red sash in 2010 when they head to the World Cup. As far as the current blue shirt, I'm fine with changing it somewhat but I still would like to see a dedicated third shirt, like the DTOM jersey.

Has Netherlands ever worn this kit?

727-Nike_-_Van_der_Vaart.jpg

You'd think a national team that wears orange would rarely need their clash kits.

I bring this up because I think the U.S. would look good in something similar, which is what you're getting out with the 1950 jerseys as well.

You'd think a national team that wears orange would rarely need their clash kits.

I bring this up because I think the U.S. would look good in something similar, which is what you're getting out with the 1950 jerseys as well.

Yes they have worn that. In the yellow/red card filled match against Portugal in the WC Round of 16.

Yes they have worn that. In the yellow/red card filled match against Portugal in the WC Round of 16.

Ahh, yes, thanks. That was one of the few knockout games that I missed.

i wonder when will brazil get one too. i really like they're current home jersey. on a side note since it going to be a non WC jersey im assuming its not going to be high quality(in terms of design). IMO

at the same time. Most of the companies' (nike, adidas, puma) big-name teams all get updates announced right at the same time. So if Nike is reupping its teams in February, Brazil will get one at that time too.

clubs are different each year, but most of the countries are changed all at once.

harperdc.gif

i wonder when will brazil get one too. i really like they're current home jersey. on a side note since it going to be a non WC jersey im assuming its not going to be high quality(in terms of design). IMO

at the same time. Most of the companies' (nike, adidas, puma) big-name teams all get updates announced right at the same time. So if Nike is reupping its teams in February, Brazil will get one at that time too.

clubs are different each year, but most of the countries are changed all at once.

I just hope our men's team isn't going to wear gold. Or pink.

You know its funny....when it comes to soccer jersey design I actually love what Nike and some of these other companies have done. They have been pushing the envelope without creating something absurd and crappy.

Wish I could say that about college and pro sports in the states. <_<

You know its funny....when it comes to soccer jersey design I actually love what Nike and some of these other companies have done. They have been pushing the envelope without creating something absurd and crappy.

So WHEN will the US Mens adopt an official jersey? Enough of these modifications and dramatic changes in designs. While watching the World Cups, there always seems to be a different US jersey, as if Nike or whoever cannot make up their minds of how to officially represent the Red, White and Blue on the football pitch. Talk about Identity Crisis!!!!!

So WHEN will the US Mens adopt an official jersey? Enough of these modifications and dramatic changes in designs. While watching the World Cups, there always seems to be a different US jersey, as if Nike or whoever cannot make up their minds of how to officially represent the Red, White and Blue on the football pitch. Talk about Identity Crisis!!!!!

Thats EXACTLY the problem. Every other major country has their basic identity and the US has none. So the problem is trying to create a distinct look that will instantly be recognized as USA soccer without overtly copying another country's look. This is not a easy job as we have seen over the last decade or so.

It is also a reason I've never decided to buy a MNT jersey. Too many alterations; maybe we should change sponsors from Nike to Adidas or someone else?

Thats EXACTLY the problem. Every other major country has their basic identity and the US has none. So the problem is trying to create a distinct look that will instantly be recognized as USA soccer without overtly copying another country's look. This is not a easy job as we have seen over the last decade or so.

Hmmm...I like the current jerseys alot, but then again, I'm always looking for a new jersey to suck the money outta my wallet.

Those who've made the comment that the US needs an identity - I strongly agree. Some consistent design element, like the DTOM sash should be developed so that despite the design changes every two years, you can always count on a certain aspect of the kit remaining in place.

I only ask two things: no pinstripes and no fake collars. Actually, the fake collars (04-06) weren't that bad. As much as I despise metallic tones in American football, I think a silver US MNT jersey would work.

Hmmm...I like the current jerseys alot, but then again, I'm always looking for a new jersey to suck the money outta my wallet.

Those who've made the comment that the US needs an identity - I strongly agree. Some consistent design element, like the DTOM sash should be developed so that despite the design changes every two years, you can always count on a certain aspect of the kit remaining in place.

I only ask two things: no pinstripes and no fake collars. Actually, the fake collars (04-06) weren't that bad. As much as I despise metallic tones in American football, I think a silver US MNT jersey would work.

Agreed. Pin stripes need to stay in baseball and designer suits...THATS IT!

I'm really surprised someone hasn't been able to come up with a simple but easily identifiable design for the team. I think all of these others overdone design elements like pin stripes and stars work against the identity. Something simple like what England or France wears, but with a red jersey would be really nice IMO.

Archived