Dodgers Prototype jersey?

roxfan00

I bought a Blue Jays prototype jersey from their annual "Garage Sale"... it's a white vest with "BLUE JAYS" written across in 1997-2003 style but is light blue split letters with BLACK on the inside... It's an authentic jersey (MLB tag on back) with just the number 5 on the back and I believe on the front.

Makes me think they planned on wearing black shirts underneath it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

nl_1999_losangeles.gif

This is what Dressed to the Nines has for the Dodgers in 1999. Anybody know how long before the season they scrapped the sleeveless roads?

That looks more like a sleeveless shirt as opposed to the shirt in the first post, which looks like a fashion jersey of some sort. It would have been kind of interesting to see how the sleeveless shirts looked....I think.

I bought a Blue Jays prototype jersey from their annual "Garage Sale"... it's a white vest with "BLUE JAYS" written across in 1997-2003 style but is light blue split letters with BLACK on the inside... It's an authentic jersey (MLB tag on back) with just the number 5 on the back and I believe on the front.

Makes me think they planned on wearing black shirts underneath it.

And a very quick mock-up of what I have (assuming black sleeves)... the one I have has no name on back

TOR_3100.gif

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

833743712_0945e2968a_o.jpg

Im happy that the Phillies just ended up with the phillies wordmark on the grays as well, maybe the only teams in the MLB that I'd want to have their teamname on the roads, cbnevause its obvious where the Phillies would be from.

also the numbers outline in red looks stupid.

Im happy that the Phillies just ended up with the phillies wordmark on the grays as well, maybe the only teams in the MLB that I'd want to have their teamname on the roads, cbnevause its obvious where the Phillies would be from.

also the numbers outline in red looks stupid.

What's the last time a baseball team wore the full "Philadelphia" on their jersey? Both the Phillies and the A's tended to either use the team-name or abbreviate (or in the case of the Phillies, I guess they did both...)

I decided not to be lazy and checked through Dressed to the Nines. Since 1900 the Phillies have only used "Phillies", the letter P, and one case each of "Phila." and "Phils". The Athletics, meanwhile, never used lettering in any way related to their hometown during their stay in Philadelphia, perhaps because it would relate to their Senior Circuit competitor. They used only the letter A, for an eight-season stretch nothing but an elephant, and for their fifty-fourth and final season there, they finally used "Athletics".

So, to answer my own question, never.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Archived