Buffalo Bills blue on blue is bad...

daschuck77

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the uni's they had back in the late 80's early 90's.

They should have separated the stripes on the pants with white though...or maybe had red pants to match their helmets.

There is so much you could do to improve what they have now.

But there are only so many things you can do with red and blue(regardless of the shade).

In adopting the navy over royal blue, it would seem like they were copying the Patriots.

No, a royal blue jersey (and royal blue helmets) would be UNIQUE to any of the other 32 teams in the league.

And, only 1 team in the NFL has a royal blue jersey. That's the Colts. MANY have navy. A few have light blue. The Bills DO currently sport a royal blue throwback jersey color, which would be the basis of the new look. And, the Bills uniforms and colors would be very different looking than the Colts blue/white scheme, so any comparison with them would end right there.

Also, no one has a royal blue helmet. Many white. A few navy (Rams, Seahawks and Giants). No royal.

The Pats colors are navy blue, red, light silver and white.

The Bills colors SHOULD be royal blue, red, nickel, and white.

The Pats have a silver helmet. The Bills would have a royal blue helmet.

The Pats have a red facemask. The Bills would have a royal blue facemask.

The Pats have a navy jersey. The Bills would have a royal blue jersey.

The Pats wear white shoes. The Bills wear black shoes.

It really wouldn't look very similar at all to New England. I think a Royal Blue combo (combined with the combo of red and nickel) would be very distinctive.

There is already more than enough navy in the NFL. The Pats, Bills, Titans, Chargers, Rams, Seahawks, Giants, Cowboys, Broncos, Bears and Texans all have navy jerseys and navy color schemes. Isn't that enough? That's over 1/3 of the league with navy color schemes.

Yet, there is just 1 with royal blue in their scheme (Colts).

The Bills should try and make it 2. Please. If done right, it could look really good.

You can make a case that in essance, the Giants wear a darker shade of Royal Blue:

NewYorkGiants_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

vs.

IndianapolisColts_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

And to be completely picky, the Seahawks' helmets are NOT Navy, they're a custom, funky shade of Blue...the trim color IS Dark Navy though.

And to be completely picky, the Seahawks' helmets are NOT Navy, they're a custom, funky shade of Blue...the trim color IS Dark Navy though.

Yes, I know. Its "Seahawk Magnetic Electric Blue" or whatever funky name they call it.

Its still in the navy family though. :P

By looking at your pantone colors for the Colts and current Bills, the Bills royal blue is certainly different than the Colts. The Royal Blue that the Bills should use for their helmets and jerseys would be like the current royal they have in their set and not the darker shade the Colts and Giants use.

Yes, I know. Its "Seahawk Magnetic Electric Blue" or whatever funky name they call it.

Its still in the navy family though. :P

By looking at your pantone colors for the Colts and current Bills, the Bills royal blue is certainly different than the Colts. The Royal Blue that the Bills should use for their helmets and jerseys would be like the current royal they have in their set and not the darker shade the Colts and Giants use.

I'll have to completely disagree with your assessment that the Seahawks Blue is in the "navy family":

SeattleSeahawks_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

It's closer to a Slate Blue, or even a Teal, than Navy.

I DO agree that the lighter Royal would be a better fit for the Bills though...

I gotta run...but when I get back, I'll post swatches of the actual Pantone Textiles all of these teams use. Might give everyone a better idea of what is worn on the field (as opposed to the Solid colors - used for printing - shown here).

last year I emailed the Bills players telling them how terrible fans thought they looked in the all blue

I personally think there's nothing wrong with em. At least the jerseys aren't confused with the Giants jerseys anymore.

FF_127623_l.jpga156.jpg

That is still my main gripe with all of those unis. They looked TOO much alike. The Super Bowl they played each other in looked like a practice game to me.

I'll just chime in and say that, like everyone else in the world, I think the Bills need to change their uniforms. I don't care that much what blue they choose (I guess I would prefer royal), as long as they choose just one.

The main thing I care about is them keeping the red helmet. There are far too many white helmets in the league and in the AFC east. IMO, the Bills should always wear red-white-blue or red-blue-white for their helmet-jersey-pants (with red socks all the time). It's a great look both ways and no other team in the league does it. Their current uniforms look best when they wear dark jerseys and white pants (and vice versa), but they too often end up in navy-navy (plus their uniform design is clearly atrocious so it kinda takes away from the overall aesthetic). All they really need to do to accomplish this is to go back to the OJ-era uniforms with the Kelly-era helmets.

Archived