Anyone Ever Make it Close to Williamsport?

benJAMMIN039

the next town over's team was there a few years back (Saugus American) from MA, obviously

and i don't know if this counts, but my best friend's softball team made it to Syracuse this year after winning the state.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I was a catcher for a Great Kills (Staten Island) Little League All-Stars one year. We got mauled during the regional games by a bunch of teams from Jersey who were all about a head taller than us.

I also kept getting stuck in right field because the coach's son was also a catcher. (And a lousy one at that. Stupid bull :censored: Little League politics.)

msg-117798227822.jpg

Lafayette was at this past LLWS, and lost in the regional finals to Lubbock TX.

The Babe Ruth World Series is also held in Abbeville (the closest Wal-Mart to me, woohoo!... or not) every year.

As for this year's LLWS, nice ending, but can Brent Musberger fit any other trite catchphrases in a sentence describing the game? What a muppet.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I played Little League one year, and we had to have 2 teams, because so many kids tried out. If we took the best players, then we would of gone to Williamsport. No lie. We were that damn good. Unfortunately, the parents ruined it for us. At tryouts, one of the parents was the "director" of sorts for the age group, and wanted her kid on the better team. The kid sucked. Couldn't field, couldn't hit, couldn't do anything. The coach was basically forced to pick him. The same parent also demanded that a bunch of other kids make the team too. These kids were "power-hitters", even though at try-outs we were fed meatballs. Theses kids had horrible attitudes, and the coach wanted to take kids who weren't as skilled, but provided other key attributes for our team. Defense, versatility, good clubhouse presense, etc. But nope. The parent had to have her way and we got stuck with the Carl Everett's of our league.

We made it to the State Championship Semi-Finals. Since some of these kids had another year left (the same "power-hitters" I was talking about) they decided not to try. When confronted after the game, they admitted that they didn't try and would just try next year. We lost 9-6 in that game. I played CF. I only batted about .250 on the season, but in about 20 games or so, I got 26 stolen bases. More of a defensive player and good baserunner than a hitter.

But again, that year was another painful reminder of how parents have ruined youth sports....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

As for this year's LLWS, nice ending, but can Brent Musberger fit any other trite catchphrases in a sentence describing the game? What a muppet.

This just in: Georgia owns Japan in Little League Baseball.

Another "this just in": College football begins this weekend. I'll be in Sanford Stadium....

The coach of the Harlem Little League squad that went to the World Series in 2002, was my coach for 2 seasons in 1999 and 2000. His name was Morris McWilliams. I was a little jealous I wasnt on that team that made it that far.

that team was cheating. that coach fixed the team.

they had kids from the bronx playing.

yankees-1.png

The coach of the Harlem Little League squad that went to the World Series in 2002, was my coach for 2 seasons in 1999 and 2000. His name was Morris McWilliams. I was a little jealous I wasnt on that team that made it that far.

that team was cheating. that coach fixed the team.

they had kids from the bronx playing.

That, and kids that were too old for Little League baseball. What a bunch of douchebags those people are. They got what they had coming.

Archived