The Browns' sock rotation?

nybatt

caught some highlights of the brown/lion game last night in cleveland. was very disappointed to see the browns dropped their classic striped socks they wore week one for the solid brown version.

a rotation? player request? player backlash? fan backlash?

any ideas why the switch occurred?

Went back and looked at photos from Browns - Chiefs exhibition and I definitely prefer the striped socks.

Funny thing is, Kosar provides more insightful commentary even when smashed then most color analysts do sober.

caught some highlights of the brown/lion game last night in cleveland. was very disappointed to see the browns dropped their classic striped socks they wore week one for the solid brown version.

a rotation? player request? player backlash? fan backlash?

any ideas why the switch occurred?

I believe it says in the other thread that the striped socks are for road games and the brown socks being for home games. The striped socks should definately be used all the time though, they look great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

maybe the Browns are considering a new trend in unis: alt socks?

That's funny...but I think the other OH team already beat them with this trend as most of the time they have black on and then all of a sudden the orange ones come out.

KISSwall09.jpg

don't know why they did it, but it didn't look nearly as good. By the way, did anyone else hear Bernie Kosar doing this game? Was it just me or did he sound completely smashed?

Bernie does Sid Rosenberg's morning show a lot down here and he always seems liquored up on it as well.

They really need to flip thoe pants stripes, and while they are a it, bring the orange pants back. They were the only NFL team with orange pants and they looked great with both jerseys.

Also, I prefer the striped socks. Do the browns usually wear white jerseys at home?

MegatronSig2.jpg

don't know why they did it, but it didn't look nearly as good. By the way, did anyone else hear Bernie Kosar doing this game? Was it just me or did he sound completely smashed?

Bernie does Sid Rosenberg's morning show a lot down here and he always seems liquored up on it as well.

Bernie is awesome. My favorite line was during the Kansas City game...a play was just ending and the camera was focused on the pile of players when Bernie said, "I THINK THE REF DIED." Then the camera cut to a ref down on the turf.

And during the Detroit game Saturday, every time the Lions lined up in man/press coverage, Bernie would yell "PLEASE throw it over the top!" But they never did.

Bernie is awesome. My favorite line was during the Kansas City game...a play was just ending and the camera was focused on the pile of players when Bernie said, "I THINK THE REF DIED." Then the camera cut to a ref down on the turf.

And during the Detroit game Saturday, every time the Lions lined up in man/press coverage, Bernie would yell "PLEASE throw it over the top!" But they never did.

So Bernie is the next Bert Blylevin? That should be entertainment for you guys.

BOOF. BOOOOOF.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Striped socks are beautiful!

I love when the socks match the jersey and the pants match the helmet, now all they have to do is bring back the orange pants.

And I love that the browns finally made the switch to black shoes.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 1 month later...

Pretty old thread I know but I didn't want to start a new thread just to say that thhe Browns are wearing strriped socks at the moment :]

Vs. the Raiders

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Striped socks are beautiful!

I love when the socks match the jersey and the pants match the helmet, now all they have to do is bring back the orange pants.

And I love that the browns finally made the switch to black shoes.

THE BROWNS SHOULD WEAR WHITE PANTS ONLY!!!!! PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION!

Archived