Minnesota Vikings purple with purple in 2007?

Badge Man

Will the Minnesota Vikings be wearing their purple jerseys with purple pants this year? I saw on a ad for Madden NFL 08 they briefly had a picture of the running back with purple with purple.

I saw that ad, also. The funny things is - that uni is not even in the game.

I wouldn't too much stock in Madden anyway. This year, they've got the Rams wearing white pants as their normal home unis, and the Browns wearing brown pants as their normal away unis.

Will the Minnesota Vikings be wearing their purple jerseys with purple pants this year? I saw on a ad for Madden NFL 08 they briefly had a picture of the running back with purple with purple.

I wouldn't too much stock in Madden anyway. This year, they've got the Rams wearing white pants as their normal home unis, and the Browns wearing brown pants as their normal away unis.

Madden sucks. Buy ESPN NFL 2K5 and Action Replay Xbox so you can update the rosters.

On the back of the box, they have a Brown (white/white and not available) tackling a Bengal. I imagine that the Vikes have that option available if they want to be the California Raisins one night. I'm not sure if they will act on it though. With NFL unis today, I wouldn't doubt it.

In real life, in order for it to be purple on purple, they need to change the sahde of the unis so they actually look purple. I saw parts of their game this past weekend...the purple looked very blue.

Madden sucks. Buy ESPN NFL 2K5 and Action Replay Xbox so you can update the rosters.

Yeah, I've been playing 2K5 since the day it came out 3 years ago love it. I love APF 2K8, also.

Yeah, I've been playing 2K5 since the day it came out 3 years ago love it. I love APF 2K8, also.

Purple on purple would be awesome!

In real life, in order for it to be purple on purple, they need to change the sahde of the unis so they actually look purple. I saw parts of their game this past weekend...the purple looked very blue.

Which I think is attributable to the lights at the Metrodome in the case of their home look.

I know Dennis Green would have never approved of the all-purple look. As it was, he looked like a giant grape too often.

The Vikings have always worn a blueish purple. As a diehard Vikings fan, I've always liked that shade of purple. I think most Viking fans would agree with me.

Are you guys saying that in Madden 08, you can't even play as the Browns in all white, their normal road uniform??

And yeah I've always thought the Vikings' purple was waaay toward the blue end of the spectrum; during the game the other night I'd swear one of the coaches' shirts was royal blue.

I thought the pants panel was an issue, i.e. wouldn't match up with the jersey in a purple/purple combo?

the purple on purple won't happen.... it... CAN'T.. happen...please God.

You have to buy Action Replay, it's $29.99. With Action Replay you can download updated rosters for ESPN NFL 2K5. You can also edit them online with a ESPN NFL 2K5 editor but you will still need Action Replay to export the edits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Replay

Where do you get the rosters?

Are you guys saying that in Madden 08, you can't even play as the Browns in all white, their normal road uniform??

And yeah I've always thought the Vikings' purple was waaay toward the blue end of the spectrum; during the game the other night I'd swear one of the coaches' shirts was royal blue.

The Vikings' purple looks dramatically different under different conditions. Outside v. inside, sunlight v. floodlights. Even on television v. in person....

The Vikings have always worn a blueish purple. As a diehard Vikings fan, I've always liked that shade of purple. I think most Viking fans would agree with me.

It has changed a couple of times over the years...and for 2007, the Vikings' textile/fabric color is using a proprietary Reebok color (same as the L.A. Lakers BTW).

I remember the first time I ever saw the Vikings play, I thought they wore blue.

Maybe that can be attributed to the primitive 1960's TV we were using well into the 80's (I was born in '81), but I think the Vikings purple has always leaned towards blue.

Purple is a difficult color to work with...and to look at :)

It changes under different lights and when its paired with different colors. I've sworn that the Vikings had three different shades of purple last year alone...but alas it was merely when I saw them play indoors, outdoors during the day and a night time game. I think I might need glasses.

Archived