US Soccer Concept

gordie_delini

The red top gives me an idea for the Italian kit. Red top, one single thick white sash, Italian crest in the left breast. White letters and numbers. Anyone else feeling me here?

I dont like the idea but I'd be intrested to see the result.

As Vit.D said, theyre called the Azzuri, which means "the Blues". And the reason Italian teams wear this color is because the last royal house in Italy, the House Of Savoy, their official color was light blue.

But, its only a concept, so go for it.

oBIgzrL.png

I think that if you move the numbers to the middle and highlight them in gold you won't lose them. Or you could do what Holland did and add a double thick outline in the color of each shirt. I hate the numbers sitting on the right chest, it looks so much better centered. Move nike swoosh to right chest. As far as the striped shirt, reminded me more of Athletico Madrid then Paraguay but remember USA wore red and white stripes in 1994. I actually thought they should have stayed with a design similar to that but when Nike took over in 1996 they moved away from them. The reason the USA doesn't wear red is that they went 0-3 in France 98. They never wore red again until they broke out the DTOM kits. I still think they should be allowed to wear third shirts in World Cup competition. But GD, these are all sweet!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The red top gives me an idea for the Italian kit. Red top, one single thick white sash, Italian crest in the left breast. White letters and numbers. Anyone else feeling me here?

As Vit.D said, theyre called the Azzuri, which means "the Blues". And the reason Italian teams wear this color is because the last royal house in Italy, the House Of Savoy, their official color was light blue.

You do know what a red background with a white slash means right?

dive-flag-medium.gif

If that doesn't work they could use a form of this and make it into a kit:

alpha-flag.gif

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

dive-flag-medium.gif

If that doesn't work they could use a form of this and make it into a kit:

alpha-flag.gif

Wait, that's Francesco Totti's personal flag, isn't it?

LvZYtbZ.png

dive-flag-medium.gif

:oops: I'm embarrassed to admit that it went right over my head, but there you have it. Congrats - you caught me napping on that one. Bravo!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

dive-flag-medium.gif

ok, but im just sayin its italian tradition for national teams to wear blue

hey, your concept, your idea. Go for it, its only a concept, its not like the azzuri are goin rosso in real life anytime soon. :P

oBIgzrL.png

i think that's my favorite joke from this forum in quite some time :)

as far as the concept goes, i'd kill for it to have the DTOM crest. i hate that ugly inverted flag US crest. other than that, i'd buy one of each of these kits :)

dive-flag-medium.gif

hey, your concept, your idea. Go for it, its only a concept, its not like the azzuri are goin rosso in real life anytime soon. :P

*cough*diverdownflag*cough*

*cough*getit?heissayingitaliansoccerplayersdivealot*cough*

*cough*don'tworryicompletelymisseditthefirsttime*cough*

*cough* PHEW! Finally brought it up. Good thing, all that coughing was getting to me... :wink2:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

dive-flag-medium.gif

*cough*diverdownflag*cough*

*cough*getit?heissayingitaliansoccerplayersdivealot*cough*

*cough*don'tworryicompletelymisseditthefirsttime*cough*

*cough* PHEW! Finally brought it up. Good thing, all that coughing was getting to me... :wink2:

damn maritime vexillology :D

oBIgzrL.png

I'd be a big fan of yours, gordie, if I weren't an even bigger fan (hush, kids.) of what they currently have, with the vertical stripes.

But, yes, white with navy shorts as the primary kit. Yes, yes, yes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived