Columbus Crew

Krona

The font is very plain compared to the rest of the crest. The kits look sharp except for the red in the verizon logo. I think Ive seen a mock-up of a Columbus kit with Sprint logos (which are yellow and black) on BigSoccer somewheres. Great execution overall.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The font is very plain compared to the rest of the crest. The kits look sharp except for the red in the verizon logo. I think Ive seen a mock-up of a Columbus kit with Sprint logos (which are yellow and black) on BigSoccer somewheres. Great execution overall.

i agree, just gotta tweak the font a bit and you're golden. this logo is a helluva lot better than the YMCA group they got going.

The cog at the bottom like that really makes the look--gives it a look as if it were a military medal or some such.

I'll echo the thoughts regarding the font, it just doesn't work. Also, and maybe it's just a preference, it'd be good to still include "Columbus" over "Crew" on the shield.

The shading on the ends of the stripes add what seems to be a needless extra color. Is there any particular reason for the arrangement of the detailing on the teeth of the cog?

Overall, I like it. The kits seem a bit plain, but that might just be my personal bias.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

damn, I too have been working on a Crew concept, except I couldn't figure out what to put on the badge, I think you gave my a few ideas, if you don't mind me using them, but I think the badge is going in the right direction. I also have to agree strongly with the font.

The kits are a little plain to my liking, much like mockba, and the red in the verizon logo is too distracting, I would find something else.

Overall this is a great job, could become better with some work however, but still an improvement over what they have now.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Here's a bit of an update, with some added bells and whistles. i changed the font (to my old standby, plumbers gothic) and added some much needed depth between the gear and the "nut C". i kinda like how it vaguely resembles a soccer ball. (accident). let me know if this satisfies

Crew-2.jpg

And "The Crew"

the-crew.jpg

That second version has one of the cog highlights really out of place.

I still think it ends up having a few too many colors. Taking the highlights off the yellow stripes would help that.

And it still need Columbus on there, where the "The" is in the second version.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived