59 yr old man returns to college football team

otherwilds

Franklin man, 59, returns to college football team

He'll learn this week if he made final cut By MIKE ORGAN, Staff Writer

This is not the same old story.

Franklin resident Michael Flynt finally has decided to finish what he started more than 35 years ago.

Flynt last played college football in 1970, and he is now 59 years old. He has returned to Sul Ross University in Alpine, Texas, to finish his college football career.

He is in training camp along with about 100 other football players, most of whom are younger than any of Flynt's three children.

The Lobos' official roster will be released later this week, at which time the world will know if Flynt made the team.

Sul Ross is the same place where Flynt was a starting linebacker in 1970 before being dismissed from the team after being involved in a series of altercations.

"I can tell you that he did make it to training camp'' Sul Ross sports information director Travis Hendryx said about the unique story unfolding 37 years later.

The football staff under Coach Steve Wright is downplaying what stands to be one of the biggest stories in college football this year.

Wright at one time coached at Carson-Newman, and he received his master's degree from Tennessee.

Wright "is not wanting to say anything about it until two days before Sept. 1,'' Hendryx said, referring to when the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division III team opens its season at Texas Lutheran.

RobbyBox2.jpg

Any PR is good PR.

Not if the old bastard breaks his hip, which incidentally I hope he does.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

This guy was a strength coach for a few major college football programs.

He also has developed his own football workout equipment.

He's the exact same weight he was in college.

Call me crazy, but I'm betting he's one of the most in shape 50 somethings you'd ever meet.

So are we supposed to be impressed he made some team no one has ever heard of?

This guy got kicked off the team 30 years ago for not following the rules and becomes a publicity stunt now. Think about the poor guy that worked his ass off his whole life with the simple dream of making this crappy team only to sit by watch and realize his insignificance as this mockery makes the team at no specific position.

I stand by my original statement, I hope he breaks his hip.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

I think it's cool and all, but the article says his position is still being determined.

How'd he make the team without a position?

3rd-string kicker? :P

No, actually I think he is the 3rd string placekick holder.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

This guy was a strength coach for a few major college football programs.

He also has developed his own football workout equipment.

He's the exact same weight he was in college.

Call me crazy, but I'm betting he's one of the most in shape 50 somethings you'd ever meet.

Agreed. Props to the guy for taking a chance.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Man, that team must suck.

*checks d3football.com*

They do, but still, it's not exactly easy to make a Division III football team, especially in Texas.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

i thought of that too.

jeez. ya. one big publicity stunt.

purhaps, but sum ppl mite agree wit u and thnk tat u mite b rite on dis 1, nd sum ppl mite disagree wit u and thnk that u mite b rong on dis 1.

Archived