Football Jersey Concept: Cardinals?

D123

CopyofCardconcept.png

I know it's a basic concept, but it's my first try at it. I am using MSPaint and decided to use the colors of the former Arizona Cardinals jersey and their former logo to be the base coloring of the jersey. I decided to add piping to the belt, the socks, and the jersey stripes. Unfortunately, I had to make my own stripes on the socks, so be gentle... j/k.

:D Any Responses? I know it's plain, and it's kind of hard trying to sketch out a logo for this concept, but I was wondering what else to do besides to add the numbers to this. Anywho, I am planning to use the Raster Temp for this concept so it can appear more clean... heh.

UPDATE ON THE BOTTOM

I like the direction you're going in, but the execution could be better. Something seems off about the lack of design on the helmet & pants striping.

Just keep playing around with it... you'll find something that works.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the triangular pattern, and aside from that the design is pretty generic, so I don't really see anything outstanding without understanding the reason for that wacky pattern.

I don't understand the reasoning behind the triangular pattern, and aside from that the design is pretty generic, so I don't really see anything outstanding without understanding the reason for that wacky pattern.

well that's my bad, because I forgot to mention that I didn't want the concept to look like the Kansas City Chiefs, and wanted to display the Arizona Cardinals conceptual identity.

And about the Numbers, I was thinking block numbers rather than tv numbers

Block numbers rather than TV Numbers? Apples and oranges! TV numbers are the numbers that go on the shoulders and block numbers is like a type of number font!

haha. Sorry I told you it was my first time. So yeah... But I'll make it work.

[...]I forgot to mention that I didn't want the concept to look like the Kansas City Chiefs, and wanted to display the Arizona Cardinals conceptual identity.

Funny thing is, it looks more like a Chiefs' concept than a Cardinals' concept. I like the idea of adding some gold into the Cards' look, I would use less than you've got here. Red and white (and a little bit of black used sparingly and to good effect) has served them well for a long time, so ease the gold in gently. I see so much of it, it's natural to see a Chiefs/Redskins look, as both teams have historically used more gold than the Cardinals.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

card.png

I took out the stripes on the socks, I limited the yellow to the stripes, the stripes on the helmet, the number and the collar. I made red the main color without any yellow to confuse the cards concept to the chiefs. And imo, I think this set is better than the first.

bump. Any comments or responses?

The reason I dislike this uniform is because it feels generic. Three bar sleeve striping is fine and good for a team deeply rooted in tradition, but with a young team with speedy wideout's and fresh-faced quarterback, it doesn't seem to fit the team's identity. So, in that sense, I think it's a downgrade from their current set. I understand your trying to get them away from black, which is understandable, but the jersey needs more style to it. Pizazz, if you will.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to a full identity package. Are you using the current logo/helmet/wordmark, or something different?

The one thing I would do since you have used black to outline the numbers and collar, why not incorporate black into both the pant and jersey stripes.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Three bar sleeve striping is fine and good for a team deeply rooted in tradition, but with a young team with speedy wideout's and fresh-faced quarterback, it doesn't seem to fit the team's identity.

You're saying the Cardinals aren't deeply rooted in tradition? C'mon, remember when Jake Plummer led them to upset the Cowboys in the playoffs? Or, remember when...uh...there was the time that...ummmm...back when they...

...never mind.

Three bar sleeve striping is fine and good for a team deeply rooted in tradition, but with a young team with speedy wideout's and fresh-faced quarterback, it doesn't seem to fit the team's identity.

You're saying the Cardinals aren't deeply rooted in tradition? C'mon, remember when Jake Plummer led them to upset the Cowboys in the playoffs? Or, remember when...uh...there was the time that...ummmm...back when they...

...never mind.

Hahaha, well played sir.

I think it looks too much like the Redskins or Chiefs...Why all the yellow?

all the yellow because I think Three Colors kinda looks too bland. And I rather have yellow than black because it incorporates the yellow beak of their logo.

Archived