2007 NFL THrowback Dates

njmeadowlanders

The Patriots will wear their silver jerseys on Sept. 23 against the Buffalo Bills.

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?a...069&pcid=41

Those silver jerseys are so pointless. Watching it on TV you think its white and not silver. Maybe next year they'll finally replace it with a red jersey instead

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thereby insuring that they'll look good for 1/16th of the regular season. :P

Make that 1/8th of the season as they will most likely wear them twice as they did the past two years.

Probably the opener vs Denver on the 9th of September, and the Monday night game "Sabrejeff" mentioned.

saBS.png

The Patriots will wear their silver jerseys on Sept. 23 against the Buffalo Bills.

Those silver jerseys are so pointless. Watching it on TV you think its white and not silver. Maybe next year they'll finally replace it with a red jersey instead

Couldn't agree more.

In other news, that link provided this little nugget....

"More uni talk ? gotta love it. Anyway, you?re in luck Brian. Sort of. As I just told Geoff (and the millions ? Rock-like pause ? and millions of fans reading this worldwide), the Patriots will be donning the silver jerseys for one game this year and again next year.

But my moles are telling me (yes, PFW has moles too) starting in 2009, which will mark the Patriots 50th anniversary, the silver jerseys will be gone while the throwback red ones take their place. It?s obviously too early to say which specific games Pat Patriot and the red jerseys will be worn in, but rest assured they will be making an appearance soon.

Paul Perillo"

Couldn't agree more.

In other news, that link provided this little nugget....

"More uni talk ? gotta love it. Anyway, you?re in luck Brian. Sort of. As I just told Geoff (and the millions ? Rock-like pause ? and millions of fans reading this worldwide), the Patriots will be donning the silver jerseys for one game this year and again next year.

But my moles are telling me (yes, PFW has moles too) starting in 2009, which will mark the Patriots 50th anniversary, the silver jerseys will be gone while the throwback red ones take their place. It?s obviously too early to say which specific games Pat Patriot and the red jerseys will be worn in, but rest assured they will be making an appearance soon.

Paul Perillo"

icon5.gif

2009?! i can't wait that long. :cry:

oh well theres madden with their incorrect pat the patriot jerseys.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Any updates on whether the Bills put in their 2 year request to change uniforms? As I remember it, they lobbied to wear throwbacks full time last year. If they filed that request, then we can expect this will be the last year we have to see those abominations they wear now.

Does anyone know when NFL teams will be wearing throwbacks in 2007?

All I know to this point is as follows:

Philly - Week 3 (DET)

Pittsburgh - Weeks 2 (BUF) and 9 (BAL)

Minnesota - Week 4 (GB)

San Francisco - Week 1 (ARI)

The Bills, Redskins, Jets, and Browns also have them coming, yes? Anyone else? Aren't the Niners wearing them another week as well?

I hope GB is wearing throwbacks too.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'd love to see the Lions wear their throwbacks vs. the Eagles, or especially on thanksgiving, but I'm pretty sure that it's not going to happen.

I think with the game being against Green Day this year there's a decent chance we'll wear throwbacks on Thanksgiving. We often do.

A game between a pro football team and a pop-punk band? That'll be a riot.

Especially when Green Day wins on a last second 38-yard FG by Billie Joe Armstrong.

Only if backup QB Tré Cool doesn't bobble the snap from longsnapper Mike Dirnt.

Yeah, but Detroit's Calvin Johnson and his Dub Narcotic Sound System, will lay a Beat (Happening) down on the Green Day squad. It will be a Halo Bending experience

Joel, I think you're a indie music promoter, because every post with you and music involves some bands which I've never heard of.

P.S. From what they're saying on the news, the 'Skins throwbacks will be worn on Week 10. Take this with a grain of salt, because they once mistook the Giants for the Cowboys.

I really messed that one up, didn't I?

With the Thanksgiving game being against Green Bay, I think we'll wear throwbacks. : )

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I'd love to see the Lions wear their throwbacks vs. the Eagles, or especially on thanksgiving, but I'm pretty sure that it's not going to happen.

I think with the game being against Green Day this year there's a decent chance we'll wear throwbacks on Thanksgiving. We often do.

A game between a pro football team and a pop-punk band? That'll be a riot.

Especially when Green Day wins on a last second 38-yard FG by Billie Joe Armstrong.

Only if backup QB Tré Cool doesn't bobble the snap from longsnapper Mike Dirnt.

Yeah, but Detroit's Calvin Johnson and his Dub Narcotic Sound System, will lay a Beat (Happening) down on the Green Day squad. It will be a Halo Bending experience

Joel, I think you're a indie music promoter, because every post with you and music involves some bands which I've never heard of.

P.S. From what they're saying on the news, the 'Skins throwbacks will be worn on Week 10. Take this with a grain of salt, because they once mistook the Giants for the Cowboys.

I really messed that one up, didn't I?

With the Thanksgiving game being against Green Bay, I think we'll wear throwbacks. : )

It's Green BAY?!?!?! Damn!!! I was really looking forward to something a little different this Thanksgiving.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Any updates on whether the Bills put in their 2 year request to change uniforms? As I remember it, they lobbied to wear throwbacks full time last year. If they filed that request, then we can expect this will be the last year we have to see those abominations they wear now.

Those throwbacks are not even close to being good enough to be regular uniforms. White helmet with old, generic logo, blue jersey with gaudy stripes on sleeves, white pants with out-of-date pant stripes and socks that should have burned 30 years ago.

Just because it might look a little better than the current set, does not mean that they should be the full-time uniforms. They suck too.

When the Bills redesign again, they should go with a royal/red/nickel color scheme with MODERN, 21st century looking uniforms. There are a lot of good, new designs in the NFL. The Buffalo abomination was one of the few mistakes.

New Bill Uniforms:

Royal Blue Helmet, with current helmet logo and no stripe. Royal blue facemask.

Royal home jersey, with white number outlined in nickel and red. Secondary logo on sleeve. Thin nickel color around cuffs of sleeves. Nickel colored coller.

Choice of royal blue pants (with a fairly thin red stripe, outlined in nickel) or Nickel pants (with a royal blue stripe outlined in red).

White road jersey, with royal blue number outlined in nickel and red. Choice of royal blue pants or nickel pants.

Solid royal blue socks.

Black shoes.

Problems solved. (bow)

Those throwbacks are not even close to being good enough to be regular uniforms. White helmet with old, generic logo, blue jersey with gaudy stripes on sleeves, white pants with out-of-date pant stripes and socks that should have burned 30 years ago.

Just because it might look a little better than the current set, does not mean that they should be the full-time uniforms. They suck too.

When the Bills redesign again, they should go with a royal/red/nickel color scheme with MODERN, 21st century looking uniforms. There are a lot of good, new designs in the NFL. The Buffalo abomination was one of the few mistakes.

New Bill Uniforms:

Royal home jersey, with white number outlined in nickel and red. Secondary logo on sleeve. Thin nickel color around cuffs of sleeves. Nickel colored coller.

Choice of royal blue pants (with a fairly thin red stripe, outlined in nickel) or Nickel pants (with a royal blue stripe outlined in red).

White road jersey, with royal blue number outlined in nickel and red. Choice of royal blue pants or nickel pants.

Solid royal blue socks.

Black shoes.

Problems solved. (bow)

going to a 21st Century look is exactly the problem with their current uniforms...you call it simple, but we call our red standing buffalo tradition...something modern teams and uniforms lack...the uniforms are simple...flag blue/red/white stripes on the sleeves...don't need any paneling or piping up the ribs to the armpits

the uniforms you propose sound like a trainwreck like the vikings unis...keep it simple...white helmet with a logo and stripe down the center...flag blue jersey with red/white numbers...white jersey with red/blue numbers...don't need a blue helmet with blue facemask...

i do agree with the black shoes though...btw, nickle (or grey) is the most overused color in uniforms today...just look at the nike college basketball jerseys...thats my two cents from a lifelong bills fan

New Bill Uniforms:

Solid royal blue socks.

Black shoes.

Problems solved. (bow)

This would look good, except you might be confusing them with the Giants 'cause of the blue helmets.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Those throwbacks are not even close to being good enough to be regular uniforms.

Must respectfully disagree.

Most respectfully agree with your disagreement. Those uniforms arent just better than the currents, in my opinion they're better than 3/4 of the uniforms in the league. Say what you will about the clip art buffalo, gaudy stripes and whatnot, but those are football. Its the National Football League, not the USFL, CFL, or the XFL.

Another thing sorta related: Will the NFL grant Mike Nolan the right to wear a suit in all sixteen games this year or will they give him the "alternate" status and let him wear them in a handful of games?

I can almost guarantee they won't let him do it all year, 2 games max.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived