Los Mets

njmeadowlanders

"Fiesta Latina," will include music, dance, and Latin food from various Hispanic countries. The Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club, will present cultural dances including merengue, salsa, and cumbia. The group will represent various countries with traditional attire and flavorful music that will educate fans over the diversity in New York. The night will also include bilingual PA by Z-100 radio personality, and Nicaraguan-raised Carolina Bermudez. To commemorate "Fiesta Latina" the Mets for the first time in team history will don jerseys with "Los Mets" across their chests.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/mets/2007...ts_jerseys.html

This is going to look REALLY bad...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How appropriate... they're playing the Los Angeles Dodgers :lol:

Imagine what would happen if the Yankees did this? :wacko:

seriously, do major league teams have to honour the Latino community like this?

I saw, I came, I left.

No, they don't. But there's nothing wrong with it either. I'm sure many of the players appreciate it as well.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

UGH... this is even worse than Real Salt Lake.

Gigantes and Cerveceros makes sense... those are literal and equivalent translations of Giants and Brewers respectively.

But Los Mets? That's a pathetic attempt at making a generic word with no meaning outside the anglosphere sound foreign. Not to mention it borders on insulting.

Hey, maybe they can get Christina Aguliera to sing the national anthem...

That's something we can all get behind.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

UGH... this is even worse than Real Salt Lake.

Gigantes and Cerveceros makes sense... those are literal and equivalent translations of Giants and Brewers respectively.

But Los Mets? That's a pathetic attempt at making a generic word with no meaning outside the anglosphere sound foreign. Not to mention it borders on insulting.

You actually make a good point that I didn't realize. It is bordering on insulting, although it does have some sincerity behind it....I hope. :blink:

Los Jankees would be next IMO. :P

How appropriate... they're playing the Los Angeles Dodgers :lol:

Imagine what would happen if the Yankees did this? :wacko:

I guess they all want in on the cash grab. Like the Latino community is going to care so much about a baseball team because they pander to them in this obscene way. What about everyone else who this will offend?

I'm sick of this crap.

Archived