Church logo

fiasco!

I like the rocket ship logo best of all. I think I would attend any church using a rocket ship as its logo at least once. Can you just put a cross on that and call it a day? It'd be fun.

... or at least wait until the Scientology people decide to give him a call... :oops:

I saw, I came, I left.

You need a logo to make you want to go to church? Really? A logo?

No. I don't personally. But if you are not a church-goer, then why would you go? Same as any other reason. Advertising - or possibly you were invited.

If the advertising does not convey a good product, why would you bother to try it in the first place? As an example, let's say Pepsi came out with new boysenberry-flavored Pepsi. You may shreik at the idea. But, if Pepsi promoted it well, you just might be tempted to try it - just once - if even just to confirm you hate it, or at least the idea of it.

The problem with most churches, quite honestly, is that they are so stuck on their own little problems, that they have forgotten why they are here - to evangelize the "lost" (presume your own definition of what that means). Think to yourself for a moment - when was the last time you saw a church billboard or other sign? Maybe today, maybe not. But when was the last time you saw a McDonald's billboard or sign somewhere? Probably in the last 2 days easy. And it reminds you that they serve a product you may or may not want to eat (Big Mac, Egg McMuffin, etc.) But if it wasn't catchy, what motivation would you have to try it? Same thing here. If you see a sign of a church that doesn't say "church", how are you gonna know?

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Nicely done, Joel. I'll be honest...I wasn't feeling the first(well, second...the first set of the current look) set so much, but your most recent one completely changed my view. By toning down the lake and the flowers, it's much, much better in my eyes. I didn't mind the initial colors much, but I'm diggin' the burgundy. I suppose if they specifically wanted those colors, you can't do much about that, but I'm curious what it'd look like solely using the seafoam and the burgundy, toning down the burgundy for the flowers and the bird. Nice move on the Un1ty...somewhat of an obvious idea, but it's perfect.

Out of curiosity, how long does it normally take to do something such as this? In my experience with school right now, I'm generally rushed to complete a logo within a matter of a day or so. Luckily, I work quickly, but I always have to backtrack and retool logos after I've done all the other pieces of an identity, whether it be a menu, letterhead/businesscard, what have you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The building is almost complete and the logo I designed is going up. It's pretty neat to see this finally see the light of day. Regardless of what others may think, I really dig the logo and feel that it works quite well for this particular church.

http://www.unitychurchofgreenville.org/Building.html

100_1956.JPG

Really sharp stuff there, man. I thought they wanted to change it to a burgundy and light purple, though?

I really hated the burgundy, so I convinced them the green and blue looked best.

What if God wanted burgundy? You wanna go to hell over a shade of red?

:P

Kidding aside, i like it. It's a very peaceful, excellent religious mark. good jorb.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Kidding aside, i like it. It's a very peaceful, excellent religious mark. good jorb.

i dunno, i still prefer the standard instrument of torture 'religious mark' you see so often in christian iconography and paraphernalia.

you know, the one with the guy hanging off it.

i dunno, i still prefer the standard instrument of torture 'religious mark' you see so often in christian iconography and paraphernalia.

you know, the one with the guy hanging off it.

This isn't a standard "Jesus died for your sins, because you were born a sinner" type of church.

Archived