The old Blue Jays park.

ZapRowsdower8

The last few nights I have been checking out some of the new stadiums put up on digitalballparks.com as well as some old ones I hadn't checked out yet. I never really gave much thought to where the Blue Jays played before Skydome/Rogers Centre and checked out the article on Exhibition Stadium. They don't have any photos from when the park was still in use, in fact it looks like it is falling apart in all of their shots. So my question for all of the Jays fans out there is, what was it like to catch a game at this place? Would you happen to have any photos from a game you went to? Was it really in this bad of shape when the Jays were still using it?

Wasn't it home to the first postponement of a game due to wind or snow?

I know they played in the snow, on their first game.... I think *gets confused*

your right man!

It was a football stadium first and foremost, they just shoved baseball in there.

The place was outdoors in a city where it shouldn't be, our winters killed it. Not to mention it was right off the water, so high winter winds did nothing to help.

I'm sure you know it's been torn down and now is BMO field an other buildings related to the Canadian National Exhibition.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

None of those links was mentioned by the poster. I put them up because there are pictures of games shown.

I should have been more specific, I had already seen some of those before. Thanks though. I guess I just wanted impressions from people that had seen a game there. Seems like it wasn't the best environment for baseball.

Unfortunately, I can't remember it.

I know my dad took me when I was like 4 or 5 but I can't remember it worth anything.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The poster asked for photos and stories from games, not links to sites he has already been to.

Why are you giving him crap for trying to help another poster out?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, from what I hear, the metal seats at the park was a major issue.

It was notorious for that, your right on!

I remember Exorcism Stadium!

First, there were no metal seats... they were metal benches! No backs so you were always hunched forward.

Of course there were the bleachers where the first 10 rows had a great view of the back of the outfield wall.

And the seagulls! You remember Dave Winfield getting arrested for killing a seagull with a ball. I'm surprised he was the only one as they littered the remaining part of the football field past the outfield wall.

However, if you had good baseline seats it was a great place to watch a game because you were close to the field and it seemed like a minor league park.

I hope this doesn't come across as me being a jerk, but did you google Exhibition Stadium? There are game photos, not great but they are there. When you google, think of everything that has to do with the stadium and sometimes you can find some gems.

I probably went to 50+ games in that stadium. It was probably the worst in all of pro sports.

Did you ever see a baseball game at the old Cleveland Stadium? That was the worst ballpark ever!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Never having been there but watching a lot of games played there on tv I always thought that it was probably the worst stadium to watch a game in when it was open. The worst stadiums I"ve been to though were the Vet and the Trop.

Archived