New York Islanders

Sabre Hawk

well been trying to take the advice i have gotten from all that have seen my other work and heres what i was able to come up with for the New York Islanders...i think its my best so far

newyorkislandersconceptjersey.gif

WTF?

hasn't the isles taken enough abuse in the jersey dept?

the piping needs to go, the wierd lighthouse to lighthouse line needs to go and most importantly the lighthouses need to rotated in to their proper positions.

I will agree with that the pipping isn't for hockey. That belongs on football and soccer jerseys. The lighthouse to lighthouse stripe also isn't really working here. I'd say put some stripes on the arm and you would have yourself a decent concept. Also to defend you the orange i sn't supposed to be checkerboard, it shows a different type of material. Above all of this I still think you have some of the best paint work around here these days. Don't get discouraged, keep working on it.

I will agree with that the pipping isn't for hockey. That belongs on football and soccer jerseys. The lighthouse to lighthouse stripe also isn't really working here. I'd say put some stripes on the arm and you would have yourself a decent concept. Also to defend you the orange i sn't supposed to be checkerboard, it shows a different type of material. Above all of this I still think you have some of the best paint work around here these days. Don't get discouraged, keep working on it.

this is a downgrade from those wretched fishstick jerseys!! at least they aren't completely orange.

i think its my best so far

No, its not. Your Thrashers one was waaay better.

Not such a good concept. I see plenty of problems, and I don't really see anything good.

1. Random orange and white piping :blink:

2. Why is the shoulder logo facing us, and why is there a orange line going from neck-logo?

3. Numbers are too low.

4. Teal in shoulder logo doesn't match rest of jersey.

5. Actual striping looks like Denver Broncos.

Sorry to be so harsh, I've seen some good concepts from you previously, but this seems rushed. Go back to the drawing board.

well opinions are noted, i like it to be honest, also by the way it wasn't rushed i spent over 2 hours working on it...i'll try to reconfigure the uniform tonight if possible to come up with some more suitable

heres the update

NYIslandersConceptJersey.gif

1. the numbers are too far up.

2. you used the wrong NHL crest for the collar.

3. glad you got rid of the pipping but this seems too plain.

4. i dont agree with the location of the 4 SCs strips. what if they host the all-star game, where would that patch go?

No, they arent. The numbers are in a fine place, but is that the Bears font? Use block font, what the Isles use now. The update is far better by the way.

I believe it's the Bengals font :]].

No, they arent. The numbers are in a fine place, but is that the Bears font? Use block font, what the Isles use now. The update is far better by the way.

So you'd rather have numbers as shoulder patches? That makes complete sense to me!

Archived