Espn best and worst throwbacks

Richterscale

OK, so this was a sports wide one...ok then. I do agree with them on the BRuins (Cam Neely memories whenever I see them!) and the Phillies. I know there is some stigma about the Canucks throwbacks, but after seeingthem in action this season, the white version (who knows wether its home or road anymore? They switch too much) looks pretty decent

The NY Rangers one of the best?!? I can't fathom that, those things are ugly!

I agree with the rest of them, though; the Chargers throwback should be the full-time uniform set (though some around here would vehemently disagree).

Which Canucks one were they talking about? The green-white-blue hockey stick-in-the-rink one, or the horrendous "V" ones of the late 70s? If it's the first one, I'd have to disagree. I actually like it. Reminds me of the Whale.  :)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I vagly remember hearing linda cohn talking about it. I sent my tv to turn on at 6 am, because i use it as my alarm clock. Most of the time im in and out of sleep till 6:30 (thats when I get up, to catch the bus at 7). But I remember hearing the words "best and worst throwbacks"

I agree with the rest of them, though; the Chargers throwback should be the full-time uniform set (though some around here would vehemently disagree).

amen. the greatest uniforms of all time-powder blue san diego chargers!

Atl Hawks - asolutely horrible

Atl Braves - I love the 70's bright blue, lower-case a and red. Very cool if you ask me.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, the Chargers powder blue ones Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. In fact all powder/light blue uniforms suck! But the Chargers ones are worse, I can barely see the lighting bolt on the sleeve. Plus, the blue is an eyesore. I hope they will never see the light of day again.

Those 70s Rangers just dont look right on the Rangers, they look good on the Jets, but I dont know why they ever wore them in the first place. From what I understand they were not very popular in the 70s and are just as ugly today.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, the Chargers powder blue ones Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. In fact all powder/light blue uniforms suck! But the Chargers ones are worse, I can barely see the lighting bolt on the sleeve. Plus, the blue is an eyesore. I hope they will never see the light of day again.

Just as I'm in the minority concerning the Sabres old jerseys (I prefer their current ones) I do believe you are in the minority regarding the Chargers powder blues--I like them too.

And of all the unis I've done for created teams in Madden, one of my favorites has powder blue, gold, and black.

okay it's the pants that are blue, but...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

ESPN got one thing wrong...the Packers 1930s-era throwback unis they were cracking on were from the Thanksgiving Day 2001 game vs. the Lions...ESPN said they were from 2002.

Plain yellow helmets, gray facemasks, plain white jerseys w/ green numbers, tan pants, black shoes.  Bleah.

On the other hand, their Turkey Day 2003 unis that they wore (and lost to the Lions in) rocked...throwbacks to 1967!.  5 stripes on the sleeves, 3 around the collar, the old-school striping on the socks (just like the old home-sleeve striping design), and gray facemasks.

Too bad Reebok and the NFL screwed it up by not moving the TV numbers down from the shoulders to the sleeves, and moving the G on the helmet more towards the middle, instead of its current 3/4-of-the-way-up-the-head malarkey.  And they ditched the NFL Equipment logo correctly, but left the Reebok thingy...*sigh*

Bring back the '67 socks and the pre-1997 double-striping on the sleeves NOW, dammit!

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Archived