The San Francisco 49ers

MattMilone

Looking at the 49ers current set (logo, jersey, etc.) it seems that's there just too much black. The overall jersey is very very dark because every border is red against black. Gold is sparcely used when compared to the black, which doesn't seem to make sense for the team of red and gold. So my main objective was to remove all the black. Get back the red and gold Niners that won so many championships (I know, they won a SB with the throwbacks that had a lot of black, but that's only one of four, so meh!). The logo ditches black for white or gold. Same as the wordmark and helmet. For the jerseys, I went back and examined their classic design. Red jersey, white letters, three white stipes. So this jersey is red, with three white stripes to represent the past success, but also two gold stripes in between, representing the new "golden age" of Niners football (or what they pray will be a golden age). Also, three white strips, two gold ones, thats five stripes, the won five Superbowls, so there's even more connection with the stripe design. The pants, I'm still a bit uneasy with. I used a version mimicking the old school pants, but the just look a lil' bit, off I think. But, without further ado, here's is a brand proposal for the San Francisco 49ers.

SanFrancisco_49ers.jpg

C&C Please! I'm trying to make these an all around effective rebranding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE! Changed the gold to the darker current gold. Also outlined the numbers on the home jersey. I'm working on a way to alter the stripes so isn't a complete Browns re-color (I wished I would've noticed that :() Here's update numero one.

SanFrancisco_49ers-1.jpg

Not bad. The elimination of the black is a good idea. However, these remind me a lot of the early 70s Redskins unis with the Lombardi Circle-R logo (though I know the shades of gold are different).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The reason I like this is because I really like the Browns' uniforms. This does look really good, but I'd do gold outlines on the home numbers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think the concept has potential, but it needs to be reworked a little. Right now it looks like a FSU/Redskins/Niners hybrid (to me anyways). Maybe use a darker gold or something similar to the current gold color. I agree with the gold outline on the numbers, that will make them stand out a little more.

I like it. The biggest problem in the 80s was the lack of gold on the jerseys. I like the gold outline on the roads and feel it should be there on the homes. The niners needed an update-but they went too far. This would have been much better.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Looks too Florida State-ish to me. But it's a nice clean concept anyway.

I agree, it looks like a Redskins throwback, I would lighten the red so that is more like the current red, the red you are using looks too dark like the redskins. Other than that, change the stripes, and this could look good.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I like it, but I think much of the FSU comparison would die if you went with the SB Era red. I always liked it better, and it sure hearkens back to some incredible teams.

I too think the black is too much currently, but I don't dislike the current set really at all, only in comparison with their Montana/Clark set. I never liked the black on the helmet back then, and I thought gold should be on the jerseys, but for some reason it still worked.

I guess sometimes inconsistencies like these transcend the balance and continuity one usually likes to see. Just like some folks don't want the Chiefs to mess with their red-n-black helmets on red-n-yellow unis. (I wish they'd change it and somehow involve yellow in the helmets, but lots of people seem to love them the way they are.) Also the Detroit Tigers with their different fonts of Old English Ds.

I also think is has a FSU/Redskins look. Perhaps you should add silver as well. While the Niners never used silver with gold, they did use silver instead of gold off and on up until '64. Just a thought. But what you have made while it is skillfully done it isn't an upgrade. But keep trying.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I really like them , its something different , just it seems like the red isto maroon & not Cardnal & gueman had a good idea with the Silver , try that & do it in small amounts i think it would look pretty good & stand out , but not be to futura .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I'd richen the gold a bit more so it's not quite so light, and maybe throw in some pewter or something to add a hint of borders, to make those numbers pop.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In the case of the Niners, they vastly improved their uniforms with the inclusion of black. The khaki and red of the 80s set didn't match the helmet and overall lacked personality. Black is used as an accent color and doesn't really fall into the same class as others teams who do use it as a primary color. With only red and gold, the logo in this set really suffers definition. Nice attempt but I see this as a downgrade.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived