x3widRacin's NHL Concepts Thread (Merged)

3wide.com

Hurricanes:

I don't like these colors. The bottom stripe is by far my favorite part, I really want to see what the colrs look like in red and black (and silver) only. This also wouldn't work since the Thrashers identity is all light blue, and they would be in the same division.

car_hur_red_x3widracin.jpg

Nordiques:

I'm looking back and forth between the Nordiques and Panthers, and the striping looks basically the same.

They are somewhat similar in that there is a somewhat angled design on the bottom and different color shoulders, but they aren't really that similar :P

que_fla.jpg

I really like that Hurricanes concept now.

For the Nordiques and Panthers I'm not really talking about exact lines. I'm talking about the overall look and design. (I guess the colors set them apart)

car_hur_x3widracin.jpg

If you want to revamp their colours in this way, I think you have to get rid of the red. It just doesn't work with the two blues. The red version you did in their current colours works a treat, though.

Not to mention, the people that own the RBC Center are NC State people, and they share the building with Wolfpack basketball. Hell would freeze over before they allowed their tenant to wear Carolina blue in their building. Trust me. :P

OVERALL:

PANTHERS - Meh. Doesn't do anything for me one way or the other. Those colors are so iconically the Dolphins, there's probably little to be gained from stealing their colors.

'CANES - red/black. And the storm warning flag needs to be there. A lot. And a 5-point deduction for failing to correct the secondary logo. Two flags = hurricane. Just 'cause theirs is messed up doesn't mean yours must be.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived