GR Griffins to introduce new look September 19

jebi_ga313

Griffins-Wings%20board.jpg

The Griffins will welcome their NHL affiliate Detroit Red Wings to Grand Rapids on Wednesday, September 19 for a special afternoon of hockey and excitement. Watch the Red Wings take the ice at Van Andel Arena for a special practice before their first pre-season home game of the 2007-2008 season. Following their on-ice session, Red Wings players will participate in a team autograph session with fans while this season's Griffins players hold their first practice of the new season on home ice. During the intermission between the practices, the Griffins will introduce new game sweaters for the 2007-08 season in an on-ice ceremony, unveiling their first updated jersey design in five years.

http://www.griffinshockey.com/pagebank/index.html?id=3213

Griffins-Wings%20board.jpg

The Griffins will welcome their NHL affiliate Detroit Red Wings to Grand Rapids on Wednesday, September 19 for a special afternoon of hockey and excitement. Watch the Red Wings take the ice at Van Andel Arena for a special practice before their first pre-season home game of the 2007-2008 season. Following their on-ice session, Red Wings players will participate in a team autograph session with fans while this season's Griffins players hold their first practice of the new season on home ice. During the intermission between the practices, the Griffins will introduce new game sweaters for the 2007-08 season in an on-ice ceremony, unveiling their first updated jersey design in five years.

http://www.griffinshockey.com/pagebank/index.html?id=3213

The AHL is also going Edge, so this could very well be another original design or some sort of template.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If the teams in the Canadian Hockey League were going EDGE, they'd be using them by now because the pre-season (at least in the QMJHL) is already underway.

(Then again, the fact that the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles are still wearing their 10th Anniversary shoulder patch from last season could indicate something is happening.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If the teams in the Canadian Hockey League were going EDGE, they'd be using them by now because the pre-season (at least in the QMJHL) is already underway.

(Then again, the fact that the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles are still wearing their 10th Anniversary shoulder patch from last season could indicate something is happening.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Q teams always use last years' jerseys in the pre-season, with no name bars on them, then after the pre=season they re-sew last years' names on the jerseys and sell them.

I am unsure if the teams will have Edge jerseys in the CHL this year....I know Gatineau recently unveiled a 3rd jersey (orange), and it was a regular jersey stlyle, not the Edge.

I have some friends at Q camps, and they havent heard anything about Edge jerseys

What about the CHL (canadian Hockey League)? Are they going to Edge uniforms? What about the teams in the ECHL that are Reebok?

I asked this question to the head of the Portland Winter Hawks (part of the WHL from the CHL) merchandise department in March, and she said no the WHL would not be using the EDGE jersey this year, as the teams had not been sent samples of the materials or been notified of any changes, and all that would have happened by then. She wasnt sure if it was in the future, but it makes sense to me that RBK focus on the NHL and AHL the two big fish in the pond first.

SEAsig.png

Archived