Familiar with Adobe Flex?

Nick 1733

Is anyone on here familiar with Adobe Flex, and even more, does anyone here know how to use it well?

I need some help with something and can't seem to find it elsewhere, just kinda taking a shot here.

I've dabbled with it but I would not, at all, consider myself an expert on the subject.

I went to the Adobe Flex bus tour event in LA...they lost me after about three words, but the free food and swag was worth the voyage into downtown. It appeared to me that it draws on knowledge of flash, html, css, and java. I'm sure as it's on the market longer, and more developers pick it up, tutorials will make their way online.

Well, I got the Total Training DVD's and after watching the first few lessons, my brain hurt. All that code just drove me crazy and I can't follow along no matter how hard I try. It uses what appears to be javascript and actionscript code.

I tought myself Flash because I thought originally that's what I had to know to be able to do what it is I want to do, then later found out it was done in Adobe Flex.

Well, I got the Total Training DVD's and after watching the first few lessons, my brain hurt. All that code just drove me crazy and I can't follow along no matter how hard I try. It uses what appears to be javascript and actionscript code.

I tought myself Flash because I thought originally that's what I had to know to be able to do what it is I want to do, then later found out it was done in Adobe Flex.

And what is it that you want to do?

Archived