Antelopes logo...

See Red

I took over the CFA's Arizona franchise and I was interested in changing their identity. I opted to go with Antelopes. I started on this logo today and I like where it's heading but it seems really bare to me. I need to fix some of the outline width and add some shadowing and stuff (and colors, obviously), so obviously that's part of the reason it looks bare... any suggestions as to how to make this logo better?

antelope.gif

IUe6Hvh.png

see springboks logo:

SA_New_Logo.jpg

Thanks... that actually helps a lot. That's a fantastic looking logo. I'll try and dump the background legs, and play around with the back leg to make it look a little more graceful and less clunky in the back area. I don't want to have it end up looking too much like the one you shared, though..

IUe6Hvh.png

Good start, but the whole thing needs to be more streamlined. Something like the John Deere logo.

john-deere-logo.jpg

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

It's pretty literal and detailed, and also a little out of balance. The white dominates it. Abstract it a little and use more black to make the mass of the shapes more balanced and to add some drama.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I took over the CFA's Arizona franchise and I was interested in changing their identity. I opted to go with Antelopes. I started on this logo today and I like where it's heading but it seems really bare to me. I need to fix some of the outline width and add some shadowing and stuff (and colors, obviously), so obviously that's part of the reason it looks bare... any suggestions as to how to make this logo better?

antelope.gif

I think you need to stretch it out more, like the legs and make the stomach thinner. It looks a little to fat. Add a spiral into the horns as well. Other then that's it's really good

untitled-6.jpg

Alright so I reworked it, but the problem I found is that in making it look more graceful and streamlined, it ended up looking quite a bit like the Springboks logo. For that reason I'm a little hesitant to share it. I found it difficult to make it look good and remain unique. Any attempt I made to make it look less like the springboks logo left it looking clunky (though not as much as before)... perhaps I'll share in a little bit.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived