Falcons unis

koizim

If every team did this, the Bengals would be wearing pink and maroon.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was the Pacers redesign really because they got into a fight? That seems like a stupid reason to change a uniform.

I seem to remember reading in the NBA preview edition in SI before 05-06 that they did change it to distance themselves from that night and also to move into a new era.

Too bad that new era has gone as well as it has so far... :mad:

Stars-NorthStarsJerseys.png

Maybe they won't change because of Vick... maybe they'll change because it looks like crap.

Word.

Time to change back to this:

thumbNews-Photo-161.jpg

Except replace the gray facemask with white.

I don't think Georgia Tech fans would be too happy about that...

Well it would be kinda pointless because as far as I know a team must keep a full uniform set for 5 seasons before putting in a app to change them . But if they did I would keep the same logo & just do a little work on them unis shoulders and pants maybe had some Silver pants to the mix & get rid of one of the 2 versions of there black or white pants , just had more silver to the Uniform overall .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Maybe they won't change because of Vick... maybe they'll change because it looks like crap.

Word.

Time to change back to this:

thumbNews-Photo-161.jpg

Except replace the gray facemask with white.

I don't think Georgia Tech fans would be too happy about that...

Just guessing... :D I think you might have meant Georgia fans because Georgia Tech's uniforms look like this...

calvin.jpg

Which are nothing like those classic Falcons uniforms. It would be great if the falcons dumped those clown suits they wear now and went back to the old school look.

BB52Big.jpg

I think he means that Ga Tech fans would be unhappy because the Falcons would look just like U. of Georgia, the in-state Rival. Just like Michigan fans would not be happy if the Lions switched to a Green-White color combination.

I think he means that Ga Tech fans would be unhappy because the Falcons would look just like U. of Georgia, the in-state Rival.

Just like they were when the Falcons entered the NFL. Atlanta actually wore gold helmet stripes for their first couple of seasons in an attempt to appease the Tech fans. From the excellent helmethut.com site:

nobis2.jpgnobis1.jpg

To the point of the thread, IMO they're not going to redesign the unis because of one player. Rae Carruth wasn't the face of the Panthers like Vick was for the Falcons but he did commit murder, which is a tad more serious than dogfighting, and the Panthers didn't change their uniforms. They seem to like these uniforms here in Atlanta so I'd be surprised to see any changes any time soon. In addition, a redesign surely costs a ton of money and while they're not looking for spare change in the couch cushions over on Falcons Parkway, they'd probably hesitate to shell out a wad of cash for something like a makeover.

One thing from those early Falcons years still cracks me up. There are pics, though I can't find one at the moment, of Falcons staff wearing polos with the old logo facing the wrong direction, as if nobody realized the claw is extended in order to form an "F". :D

Now I hate the Falcons as only a lifelong Saints fan can but am forced to concede that their old logo was one of the coolest ever.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Having a player or even multiple players arrested and having the SINGLE FACE OF YOUR FRANCHISE arrested and sentenced to what will surely be at least a year in prison for this type of a crime is completely uncomparable.

True. Look at the Bengals...

The Falcons original logo was one of the all time greats, and it looked sharp as hell on a helmet! There was no need whatsoever to touch it. The drunken bird is an embarrassment.

It's a given that the current Falcons uniforms are a disaster, but I think the thing that bugs me the most about the redesign is how they completely eliminated gray from the color scheme. It was unique, and it looked great on the red jerseys.

If I were in A.Blank's shoes... :rolleyes: ,I would try my best to make a reasonable compromise+still look good doing it!!! :grin:

1).I would keep the current swooping Falcon logo and slap it on a median shade of red helmet (seeTampa Bay).

2).The headgear would be a red shell with a WHT/GOLD/BLK/GOLD/WHT stripe.The facemask would be white,gray or black.

3).The tops would be red with a stripe that would match the helmet on both sleeves+the no.s would be white w/gold+black trim.

the nameplates would be in plain white.

4).The pants would be white with a BLK/GOLD/RED/GOLD/BLK stripe with red socks and black shoes.

The away jerseys would be white with red no.s w/gold trim+a thin black drop shadow.The sleeve stripes would be

the same as the home pants.The nameplates would be in red.The pants would be the same as home.

To make a long story short,the Falcons should share the same colors with UGA(Red+Black)and GT(Gold+White).

I would make the outline on the bird black,red or gold.

I'm done for now.THE END, (bow)

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

University of Miami Football would be naked...

...Oh the Gladiator-esque horror.

You do realize the Bears have had their share of off-field problems over the last few months right?

I think he means that Ga Tech fans would be unhappy because the Falcons would look just like U. of Georgia, the in-state Rival. Just like Michigan fans would not be happy if the Lions switched to a Green-White color combination.

Good point. That'll teach me not to think things through.

BB52Big.jpg

University of Miami Football would be naked...

...Oh the Gladiator-esque horror.

You do realize the Bears have had their share of off-field problems over the last few months right?

What makes this even funnier is that my two favorite football teams are the Bears and the Hurricanes. Don't know if there is any correlation to be quite honest, but I find it humorous.

Oh....and we Bears fans call those off-field problems "Extracurricular Distractions" or atleast, thats what I call them :)

The Falcons original logo was poorly designed from the get-go, horribly dated within a year or two of being unveiled and had looked like crap on the team's helmets for at least the last ten years that it was used!

Fixed your post.

;)

Seriously though... in this sports logo enthusiast's opinion, the Falcons' original logo did not age well.

The Falcons original logo was poorly designed from the get-go, was horribly dated within a year or two of being unveiled and had looked like crap on the team's helmets for at least the last ten years that it was used!

Fixed your post.

;)

Seriously though... the Falcons' original logo did not age well.

No, it did not...and the new one is much better.

The Falcons original logo was poorly designed from the get-go, was horribly dated within a year or two of being unveiled and had looked like crap on the team's helmets for at least the last ten years that it was used!

Fixed your post.

;)

Seriously though... the Falcons' original logo did not age well.

No, it did not...and the new one is much better.

I will say this: As much as I love the new logo, which is worlds better than the old one, the uniforms are starting to annoy me. I guess since I saw a concept where GhettoFarmBoy mixed in elements of the new logos/uniforms with the Bartkowski-era uniforms and how good that looked, the Falcons, right now, looked like dooky.

I still say that the Falcons should make a switch to black, just because of the balance, and if they feel like they absolutely HAVE to cut any memory of Vick away from the franchise, then going back to black as a primary home uniform would do it.

Archived