Project for school

kewp80

In my Graphic Software class we have to make a project about every month, and I thought it would be a good idea to make a logo to separate my work from the others and maybe get some extra brownie points. Anyway, this is what I came up with, its my first draft, and I may through in some more ideas later on. Just wanted to know what you guys think, and to see what direction I should go in to make it better. Thanks.

TP_Desings2.png

Oh, and some C&C would be greatly appreciated.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

idk if "TP Designs" is the greatest name ever :-)

But id make the "TP" part a solid white, i think that might look better

haha, yeah its just my initials, but I couldn't really think of anything else.

I ws actually toying with the idea of having toilet paper in there somewhere. haha.

Check out my music!

That splatter just looks wrong, you should definitely go in a different direction for the logo.

How about you list things you like, look at logo's that represent those things and go along with the style they are in. Sort of a hybrid of all those logo's and designs you like. That logo you posted is just too generic, reminds me of the Loomis art store logo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

That splatter just looks wrong, you should definitely go in a different direction for the logo.

How about you list things you like, look at logo's that represent those things and go along with the style they are in. Sort of a hybrid of all those logo's and designs you like. That logo you posted is just too generic, reminds me of the Loomis art store logo.

Agreed, go in a new direction.

However I do like the font very much.

• 2 weeks later...

You could use a toilet paper roll, have the main part of the roll say TP and then the sheet that hangs say designs in a vertical way.

I suggest you don't use brown for the font.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• 3 weeks later...

From 'TP' to 'BM', eh? :P

Seriously, though, I like the B&W version but the color one has way too much going on.

I think it would be better if it stood alone instead of relying on the background to make it work. Is there a significance to the honeycomb pattern? If not, I would drop it. Also, to much outer glow going on.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

From 'TP' to 'BM', eh? :P

Seriously, though, I like the B&W version but the color one has way too much going on.

I think it would be better if it stood alone instead of relying on the background to make it work. Is there a significance to the honeycomb pattern? If not, I would drop it. Also, to much outer glow going on.

Yea what he said.

Shrink the black and white logo to about 33% of what you're looking at now. A lot of times, that's how big your logo will ever need to be. The idea isn't bad, I'd just work more on your execution. The honeycomb will be invisible at a smaller size, the blue on black will disappear, and the bulb isn't distinguished enough to look like a bulb.

Keep going, though. :D

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Since the name is "BulbMark" (one word), you really have to get away from the "BM" mark, splitting it into two initials. I'm not trying to be immature, but it really does jump out and become a distraction. It's going to be too obvious a joke to be ignored. Maybe "BD" for "BulbMark Designs"?

And speaking of obvious--is it too elementary an idea to form a "BD" mark as the filament? That's just a suggestion from somebody with no art experience beyond high school, but I thought it might be cool.

• 4 weeks later...

After taking some time off of this project I decided to come back to it last night and began working on different things I thought might look good. I also decided to change the name, once again, because when I showed it to my dad he said: "BulbMark Designs is hard to say" so I decided to just keep it simple and go with Picker Graphic Design, Picker being my last name.

Anyway, I worked on a couple things, one of them being a P with an eye for the hole and a pencil coming out. It didn't work too well so I decided to scrap it. I thought about it over the night and couldn't get the eye out of my head. So started with the eye you see, but with a normal pupil. I tried making it look as though there were light rays coming from above the eye, like an idea or sunlight, but that didn't work to well either, just didn't look right to me. So I played with the colors, found a combo I liked, kind of natural yet innovative. I was playing around and thought of the cube as the pupil and then changed one side to the green.

I dunno, I really really like it a lot more than the ones I did above, but I want to get your guys' opinion on it, seeing as I'm still an amateur at this stuff. So some C&C would be much appreciated, thanks!

Picker_Designs.png

Check out my music!

What does the cube have to do with anythin? Just wondering if it's important at all.

I'm not sold on the PICKER and DESIGN squashing GRAPHIC.

Well, the cube doesn't really have anything to do with anything, like I said I was just playing around trying to come up with idea and the cube just sort of came up.

I also wasn't sure of the squished GRAPHIC, but that can easily be fixed.

Check out my music!

Archived