NFL Striped Socks

Mingjai

This has probably been addressed here, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks. Since there's not a current NFL uniform site up, I'm was thinking, what teams still regularly wear striped socks as a part of their uniform?

I can only think of 3 who do it regularly:

Chicago

Kansas City

Washington

I've seen the Colts wear striped socks as late as the 05-06 season, and I've seen the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots sporting them, too, but I'm not sure if they are a regular part of their uniforms. Anyone elso know of any others?

My second question is who should wear striped socks on a regular basis. I'm a firm believer that teams with traditional looks would look good with traditional socks. Here's my list:

Indianapolis

Green Bay

NY Jets

NY Giants away (as long as they persist in wearing those three red striped jerseys)

Cleveland

San Francisco and Miami might look go using them with their modernized looks.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I've seen the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots sporting them, too, but I'm not sure if they are a regular part of their uniforms. Anyone elso know of any others?

The Patriots only wear striped socks when they wear the blue pants.

The Jets wear plain white socks with two green stripes when they wear any combination beyond their typical green on white home unis.

So this includes white/white, white/green, green monochrome.

Correct:

These would be from last season:

68.jpg

122.jpg

212.jpg

And on edit: Back in the Namath-era, I've seen the Jets with the stripes at home and the socks they wear at home regularaly now on the road...Though I don't know for sure if they were solely used in those combinations, or what years, etc....

I do know in Super Bowl III they wore all white including striped socks though...though instead of 2 green stripes they were 2 white stripes where the solid green is today on the home unis, if that makes sense...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I guess the orange stripe at the end of the blue portion of the Broncos' socks (and the blue stripe at the end of the red portion of the Bills' socks) doesn't count then. and agreed on the Browns, they need to ditch the solid socks and wear the striped ones fulltime again.

heh, I remember when the Saints and Lions had striped socks. and I can't help but think the Jaguars would look good with teal socks that had gold/black striping like the cuffs of their jerseys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

photo19.jpg

Not just the socks, but this is what the Packers SHOULD wear full-time...

I disagree. Those socks look pretty awful with those jerseys. If the striping pattern matched, it'd be fine, but the solid green looks much, much better than those.

Archived