My first football concept

TML13

i've been wanting to do a football concept for some time now and finally got an idea. i chose the Saints because i love their color scheme and its not exactly a team full of rich proud history(to most) so a drastic uni change wouldn't be such a big deal. so here they are.

btw keep in mind they were done on MS Paint so they aren't the most polished in some places.

NO.SaintsConceptHome.png

NO.SaintsConceptAway.png

C&C please

-edit changed the name plate font

I think they look good. Not sure I really like the gold numbers though. On the black and the white alt. I would say stick with black numbers on white and white numbers on black. Other then that, it is a good change. I for one like a bit of piping. I'm not sure about what some others will think of it. Nice work!

This is actually a pretty good first concept for you, I must say. Looks a bit template-ish a la the Canadian Football League, but it looks to me as if you actually put some thought into this, which may not be true for a few current concepters here. As far as cleanliness of presentation, I'm sure that if you work hard enough at it, over time you will find that you will be better at cleaning up your designs before presenting them (and the community will appreciate you for that effort). But judging solely on objective perspective completely devoid of what I've always known the Saints to look like, along with this being your first concepts, these, I say again, are actually pretty good.

Now...if you can somehow procure skyaa1's stamp of approval (he is the community's foremost Saints fan--and he stays outside of ATLANTA, so you know his fandom runs REAL deep), you know you done made it in quite nice.

Not sure if this is your first time showing up on these boards, cuz i ain't bother to look, but if it is, then WELCOME!

And keep the concepts coming...let us all see how you are progressing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is actually a pretty good first concept for you, I must say. Looks a bit template-ish a la the Canadian Football League, but it looks to me as if you actually put some thought into this, which may not be true for a few current concepters here. As far as cleanliness of presentation, I'm sure that if you work hard enough at it, over time you will find that you will be better at cleaning up your designs before presenting them (and the community will appreciate you for that effort). But judging solely on objective perspective completely devoid of what I've always known the Saints to look like, along with this being your first concepts, these, I say again, are actually pretty good.

Now...if you can somehow procure skyaa1's stamp of approval (he is the community's foremost Saints fan--and he stays outside of ATLANTA, so you know his fandom runs REAL deep), you know you done made it in quite nice.

Not sure if this is your first time showing up on these boards, cuz i ain't bother to look, but if it is, then WELCOME!

And keep the concepts coming...let us all see how you are progressing.

cool thanks alot for the input. and no this isn't my first on these boards i've posted some Toronto Maple Leafs stuff a little while ago. thanks again

Man these remind me alot of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats just with different colours. But man, I love these. There look fantasic, they look better then Nawlins current set and they look sharp.

actually i hadn't even really noticed until now that you mentioned it. but now that i look at it they alittle bit like them

To be real honest, the only thing I really like is the number font... is that the Red's font?

Whatever it is, it looks good in the concept.

It seems there is way too much piping, and the fleur-de-lis would appear 3 times going down the side of the jersey, and it really seems unnecessary. Use a secondary logo.

To be real honest, the only thing I really like is the number font... is that the Red's font?

Whatever it is, it looks good in the concept.

It seems there is way too much piping, and the fleur-de-lis would appear 3 times going down the side of the jersey, and it really seems unnecessary. Use a secondary logo.

actually its the font from the team canada hockey jerseys.

and i see what your saying about the fleur-de-lis appearing to much. but its actually sorta what i was aimig for. think Quebec Nordiques hockey jerseys.. that being said what other logos do the Saints have other than that and the Louisiana one. but i put that on their right sholder already.suggestion?

i would buy one if they were real

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Hate them.

Hate them.

Hate them.

While I appreciate your effort (and God knows I can't do anything that well), I absolutely hate the concept.

YES, they haven't had a winning tradition. But you're sadly mistaken that it "wouldn't be such a big deal". The people down here are PASSIONATE about the team and its look - win or lose. Many people I know (myself included) HATE the black on black that they used last year and probably will keep using this year. People down here don't like change when it comes to things like this. Little changes here or there aren't that big a deal...but this is WAY too far out and drastic. Plus, it just doesn't say "NFL" to me.

gYH2mW9.png

Hate them.

Hate them.

Hate them.

While I appreciate your effort (and God knows I can't do anything that well), I absolutely hate the concept.

YES, they haven't had a winning tradition. But you're sadly mistaken that it "wouldn't be such a big deal". The people down here are PASSIONATE about the team and its look - win or lose. Many people I know (myself included) HATE the black on black that they used last year and probably will keep using this year. People down here don't like change when it comes to things like this. Little changes here or there aren't that big a deal...but this is WAY too far out and drastic. Plus, it just doesn't say "NFL" to me.

ok i get what your saying. but personally i love your black on black unis. some of the best in the league i think. plus about not being "NFL"ish i mean just look at the new Cards and Vikes unis. just saying

A couple of aspects of this concept are a little blurry and pixelated, but I'll ignore it because this is your first concept. Strictly from a design standpoint, I'd have to say that this is a downgrade. The whole uniform is far too busy. Scrap most of, if not all of the piping. The only piping I think that you should tinker with is side stripes ala Jacksonville Jaguars circa late 90's. Not much else to say other than keep at it, man. I'm not too good at football concepts, so I always enjoy seeing the execution, creativity, and potential in other designs (see Bucco B because I think that he is hands down the best at football unis.)

Sorry, but this is 2 big thumbs down for me.

1. Far too many possible uniform combinations. White jersey, dark jersey and possibly ONE alternate. You have I think 5 jerseys alone. For 16 games? Come on - whittle this down.

2. One white jersey with gold numbers, and one with black? Are you asking for a vote, or just exploring every conceivable way to use gold and black in a single concept. At $300 a pop, what fan is going to fork over more than a thousand bucks to get these jerseys?

3. Piping for piping's sake. What is the purpose of the piping, besides to hurt the eyes and make everything look all jumbled? When piping serves its role well, it blocks off areas that need sharp contrast. Your piping separates white from white or black from black. It's just there to be a superfluous distraction.

4. The font kinda works, but when paired with that excessive piping, it's just coming off as overwrought.

Sorry, no good for me.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived