LSU to wear purple Thursday

Gmac1018

Funny, how Mississippi State can do this thanks to Dowhower's pompous tricks (IIRC, it was him refusing to let LSU wear white at home that gave the SEC the idea to allow the home team to dictate what color uniform they wear.)

EDIT: Thought it was Gerry DiNardo who did it originally, research shows he wasn't Vandy's coach at the time.

LvZYtbZ.png

Funny, how Mississippi State can do this thanks to Dowhower's pompous tricks (IIRC, it was him refusing to let LSU wear white at home that gave the SEC the idea to allow the home team to dictate what color uniform they wear.)

EDIT: Thought it was Gerry DiNardo who did it originally, research shows he wasn't Vandy's coach at the time.

It didn't give the SEC an idea. What happenned is that Vandy objected to LSU wearing white at home because Dinardo had just left Vandy for LSU. Instead of purple, Dinardo used yellow jerseys and the issue was addressed after that because it makes no sense to allow a visiting team to deny a home team its history.

Just for the record, I LOVE the white at home. I LOVE the helmets....don't change ANYTHING. No "update". No yellow jerseys or white pants. Keep it just like it is now. I DO like the purples and I know many other LSU fans that prefer the purple jerseys. But the whites at home are TRADITION.

And just FYI, Nick Saban started the tradition of wearing purple jerseys at home against non-conference opponents (as long as the game wasn't the home opener).

gYH2mW9.png

It didn't give the SEC an idea. What happenned is that Vandy objected to LSU wearing white at home because Dinardo had just left Vandy for LSU. Instead of purple, Dinardo used yellow jerseys and the issue was addressed after that because it makes no sense to allow a visiting team to deny a home team its history.

Just for the record, I LOVE the white at home. I LOVE the helmets....don't change ANYTHING. No "update". No yellow jerseys or white pants. Keep it just like it is now. I DO like the purples and I know many other LSU fans that prefer the purple jerseys. But the whites at home are TRADITION.

And just FYI, Nick Saban started the tradition of wearing purple jerseys at home against non-conference opponents (as long as the game wasn't the home opener).

Ah, OK. I had always assumed that the SEC policy stemmed from that one incident, because IIRC Spurrier decided to force LSU into their darks a year or two later.

LvZYtbZ.png

Those purple jerseys looked sharp. LSU needs to find reasons to wear them more often.

Now, a question about white jerseys: I understand the point about wearing white to keep cooler because I do that too. But isn't that only when you're out in the sun -- in other words, not for night games? Isn't it totally about white reflecting away the sun's rays? What I'm basically asking is does it make any difference for night games if you're wearing white?

Archived