Boston Lacrosse

Jer15

I entered the contest for the new Boston National Lacrosse League team to name them.

I entered the name "Blazers" based on pro. LAX's history in Boston.

Today I got an e-mail from the team.

Hello Jeremy,

It has been a busy summer and as we gear up for our inaugural season, we have some exciting announcements.

WE HAVE NAMED THE TEAM!!!

Thank you for all of your suggestions. That?s right, we have finally decided on the name! We intend to announce the name, alongside the new logo, in September. We would like to thank everyone who submitted name suggestions to us, and would like to remind you of the name(s) you personally submitted, which were/was Blazers.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind people of the process before we announce the name and more importantly, the winner of the ?Name the Team Contest?. If a number of people suggested the same name, we will choose one ultimate winner. If your name suggestion was our choice, we will put your name in a drawing with all the other people who recommended the same name and one of you will be randomly chosen from that group as the winner of the contest. The rest of the people who suggested the same name will be contacted and awarded another prize.

Looks like we'll find out in September what the team's identity will be,

just a little something I thought i'd share with the NLL fans out there.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly guys,

It's can't be worse than my beloved Rock.

What the eff? Who thinks "Rock" when they talk about Toronto?

Brain, I like the name Boston Massacre, only cause at first look it almost looks like Boston, Massachusetts a little bit. And they could play up the old time army theme like the Patriots or the Revolution do.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Hey you leave my Battalion in Brampton!

lol, I'm just kidding of course.

I didn't even think of that...of course they wouldn't do that!

One of you should've gone with Boston Brands.

Deadman_400x600.jpg

Neal Adams logo, bitches!

I voted for the Blazers (I have one of their old jerseys and I tried out for the team in college), and for the Boston Shamrocks.

I also voted for the Boston Red Sox Suck, and Boston Yankees, but I'm not betting on them adopting either. :P

I voted for Blazers.

I'm sure we'll be the Boston X-Treme Lax Dinousaurz though.

LOL!

what the eff kinda name is that?

I got the same e-mail and I suggested the "Boston Battalion". I love the name "Boston Massacre" because it sounds tough but a pro sports team would never name itself after a tragedy where innocent people died.

Except they provoked the British soldiers by taunting them and hitting them with snowballs. So not entirely innocent.l

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think it'll be the Blazers. Shamroxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx would've been better for Boston instead of Chicagoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Sorry, my keeeys are stickccing.

philly.png

I recommended the New England Sea Wolves, the New England Nor'easters, the New England Kraken, and the Boston Colonials.

Sea Wolves was the name of the Arena league team... don't kow how keen they would be to recycle it.

philly.png

I got the same e-mail and I suggested the "Boston Battalion". I love the name "Boston Massacre" because it sounds tough but a pro sports team would never name itself after a tragedy where innocent people died.

Yeah, nobody's ever died from Hurricanes or Earthquakes or an Avalanche...

I recommended the New England Sea Wolves, the New England Nor'easters, the New England Kraken, and the Boston Colonials.

Sea Wolves was the name of the Arena league team... don't kow how keen they would be to recycle it.

Maybe Boston Sea Wolves, since the arena league team was based in Hartford.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived