Most Overdesigned NFL Unis

hawk36

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets define "trying too hard"

I can add the Cowboys to that list because they are trying too hard to piss off half of this board by mismatching their blues.

That being said, I think Buffalo is definately "trying too hard" but so are the Chargers IMO. They are trying too hard to have a new modern retro look when they just should have gone with the old jerseys and helmets.

the chargers, for forcing a white helmet and powder blue onto what could be a great football uniforms

try to please traditionalists and those that live in the modern world at the same time, and it cant be good.

I see nothing wrong with the white helmet.

I like this. I guess I never came up with a term that described the way football uniforms have been headed lately. Overdesigned and "Trying too hard" are perfect.

My list:

Cardinals: White darts in the armpits. Curved pants stripe looks like a mistake.

Falcons: What's up with the clown sleeves?

Vkings: Call the plumber! We got busted piping!

#1-BILLS

The Dark Jersey is alright with the blue pants (Yes I like monochrome on the Bills) but very "overdesigned". You have the piping, multiple outlines, and the red sides. Horrible.

#2-VIKINGS

#3-CARDS

saBS.png

LOL! How about any major NFL redesign over the past 5 years?

Make it 10 and we got a deal. This era of NFL uniforms will be the equivalent of the 70's and 80's in baseball. The Falcons, Vikings, Bengals, Bills, Cardinals etc. are the NFL's versions of the Astro's rainbow jersey, the Padres McDonald's uniforms, The 1983 White Sox, The Pirates banana suits, The Indians in all red, etc. In 10 years we'll look back at all these "modernized updates" in the NFL and ask "WTF were they thinking?"

There's a good reason why teams like the Steelers, Browns, Packers, Bears, etc. have stuck with essentially the same uniforms all these years. Class and good taste never goes out of style. Think of them like the blue pinstriped suit. The lapels may get bigger or smaller, the cut may vary, but overall the look stays the same. Why? Because it works. There was a time when people thought platform shoes and leisure suits were "modern." We saw how that turned out.

BB52Big.jpg

LOL! How about any major NFL redesign over the past 5 years?

Make it 10 and we got a deal. This era of NFL uniforms will be the equivalent of the 70's and 80's in baseball. The Falcons, Vikings, Bengals, Bills, Cardinals etc. are the NFL's versions of the Astro's rainbow jersey, the Padres McDonald's uniforms, The 1983 White Sox, The Pirates banana suits, The Indians in all red, etc. In 10 years we'll look back at all these "modernized updates" in the NFL and ask "WTF were they thinking?"

There's a good reason why teams like the Steelers, Browns, Packers, Bears, etc. have stuck with essentially the same uniforms all these years. Class and good taste never goes out of style. Think of them like the blue pinstriped suit. The lapels may get bigger or smaller, the cut may vary, but overall the look stays the same. Why? Because it works. There was a time when people thought platform shoes and leisure suits were "modern." We saw how that turned out.

Awsome reply. I cant add anything to that.

Perfect, dude.

Archived