elliott's "30 NHL Concepts in 30 Days" series

elliott

I'm actually liking the Nashville and Pittsburgh concepts, if you used the current number and name font for Nashville it would look a lot more better. I like everything on the Pittsburgh one except for the pants stripe, it just seems weird to me, but I know its what they have now, so whatever. Keep up the outstanding work man.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vancouver: I like the continuity between the logo and trim (i.e. no green on the logo for their new jersey). This is definately an upgrade. I actually prefer the new stick/rink logo though.

Buffalo: If you are going to mess with it, I would dump the slug and (while it is overdone), use a modernized version of what they had. The "B" is more of a shoulder logo.

Phoenix: I would also prefer the see the black removed. I like their current (for now) look.

Nashville: Big improvement. These fit the new Reebok very well by not going over the top.

Pittsburgh: It seems the side panels are RBK and the sleeves are old school. I'd go one or the other. Even if you go old school, I think the sleeve stripes take up too much space. Also, it appears that you have drop shadows on the homes. I'd be consistant (prefer no drop shadows).

Colorado: Bold move with the colors, but I like it. I know these are trendy colors, but they make sense for a team with a "cold weather" nickname. My personal taste is that I just don't like the asymetrical Mighty Ducks trim. I'd rather see something else, but it's pretty good otherwise.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Vancouver: I like the continuity between the logo and trim (i.e. no green on the logo for their new jersey). This is definately an upgrade. I actually prefer the new stick/rink logo though.

Buffalo: If you are going to mess with it, I would dump the slug and (while it is overdone), use a modernized version of what they had. The "B" is more of a shoulder logo.

Phoenix: I would also prefer the see the black removed. I like their current (for now) look.

Nashville: Big improvement. These fit the new Reebok very well by not going over the top.

Pittsburgh: It seems the side panels are RBK and the sleeves are old school. I'd go one or the other. Even if you go old school, I think the sleeve stripes take up too much space. Also, it appears that you have drop shadows on the homes. I'd be consistant (prefer no drop shadows).

Colorado: Bold move with the colors, but I like it. I know these are trendy colors, but they make sense for a team with a "cold weather" nickname. My personal taste is that I just don't like the asymetrical Mighty Ducks trim. I'd rather see something else, but it's pretty good otherwise.

the avs redesign looks rather chill 'cept for the bottom striping.

I like the star w/o the "dallas" above, as well as the dark/home jersey. The way you used the colour black really makes it look nice and sharp. Cant say the same for the white/away one. If you somehow added a stripe or two just to take away all the WHITENESS, it would be fairly good.

I don't like the avalanche one at all, the avalanche are one of the few teams in the league that have a unique color scheme as-is and don't need a rework, and beyond the colors the jersey, as said by many others, just looks like a recolored version of what the ducks have had.

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

I don't like the avalanche one at all, the avalanche are one of the few teams in the league that have a unique color scheme as-is

ATL_17.gif

VAN_208.gif

Wasn't the most unique color scheme last year. I personally find the maroon color they use now somewhat dull and would rather see a blue jersey for them. I think that they would look much better in the 'ice' color scheme. That would really be unique.

Thanks for all comments so far.

I don't like the avalanche one at all, the avalanche are one of the few teams in the league that have a unique color scheme as-is

Wasn't the most unique color scheme last year. I personally find the maroon color they use now somewhat dull and would rather see a blue jersey for them. I think that they would look much better in the 'ice' color scheme. That would really be unique.

Thanks for all comments so far.

Both of those uniforms came out after the Avs ones, would you make the red wings change their colors just because the Hurricanes also chose to go with Red and White?

The canucks used somewhat similar colors for a couple of seasons but have already changed away from them, and the Thrashers uniforms look nothing like the Avalanche ones, just because they happen to use maroon highlighting in their crest does not mean all of a sudden that the Avalanche Color Scheme is not unique and needs changing!

To me, the "Ice" Color scheme just looks like someone slapped an Avalanche logo on a Ducks jersey and then used the "Colorize" tool to make everything blue shade, it really doesn't have any contrast to it and as a result lacks abit of identity in my opinion. I like all the jerseys you've made except the Avs one it looks very unfinished color wise and design wise it doesnt do itself justice. Its possible that if there was another contrast color in the crest somewhere (Because the monotone feeling in the logo is one of the biggest jumping out points in this concept) and a different shirt design, the colors could work a little better!

S80-81-82-83_zpspmeyx5vh.png

200px-Nassau_Coliseum_logo.jpg

Day 8: NY Islanders

Updated the logo and really overall its just an update of what they released. Got rid of piping and added a new striping design. Also used lighthouse logo, as suggested by neo prankster.

Islanders-3.gif

Tomorrow...Oh I don't know, any requests? I have all but six teams completed, I'm leaning towards my Capitals design...

Archived