Syracuse Football

HarperK

Took a bit from each era, and then came up with something that would fit Cuse football.

Jersey:

Strayed away from the orange numbers on blue jersey, and did without any outlines for all sets, i think that makes it look more classic and clean. The sleeve striped are modeled after the late 50's Jim Brown era. Only real differences in the jerseys from that era is the wordmark, nike logo, conference logo, and last name. (the navy uniforms in this style weren't used until 67-68, cuse only wore white till then).

Pants:

Kept the current pants, with the addition of a "S" logo, that were inspired from the 50's. The 50s stripes were narrow but the current pants just look good IMO.

Helmet:

Switched from the current single-stripe, to a dual-stripe. Blue facemask instead of the grey one they wear now. Keeping the block S that is set to debut tomorrow, ill give it a chance.

Socks:

Currently they don't sport high socks, and i usually like that look. However I put long navy socks just because if they were to wear socks i think this could possibly be an upgrade. Toyed with striping them, but eventually decided against it.

CuseFB.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I love the current uniforms they have now, but this is pretty good. I've never liked the S being on the helmet though, the numbers and the single stripe looks fantastic, and the all orange just isn't doing it for me. If they didn't have the set they have now, I would say yes to these, but I just love the way they look right now.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I love the current uniforms they have now, but this is pretty good. I've never liked the S being on the helmet though, the numbers and the single stripe looks fantastic, and the all orange just isn't doing it for me. If they didn't have the set they have now, I would say yes to these, but I just love the way they look right now.

Well ALOT of the Syracuse Fans do not. I myself do not mind them, but improvements could def be made. I also was taking a liking to the numbers on the helmet, but I'm willing to give the block S a chance. I hated the numbers at first, but they were growing on me when they changed. So i'll give the S the benefit of the doubt.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Being a 'Cuse fan (more of a bball fan, but I follow their football) I think this is a big improvement. I don't like the monochrome orange (maybe white pants or blue?), but I really don't like the helmet. I never liked the S on the helmet, and I think it'd look better if there was no logo at all on it. Maybe just a plain helmet or one with two stripes going down the middle (to fit their pants).

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Very nicely done.

I gather that SU has a bizarre attachment to their orange pants, but with orange jerseys and helmets, that's going to cause problems. Anyone who watched the game last night would agree. Large men don't need to be wrapped in orange from head to toe; just find a picture of Boog Powell in the Orioles' 1970s all-orange nightmares.

So if you want the navy jerseys, then orange pants are fine. But for the orange pants, how 'bout white or navy pants? I'd vote for white, but I also realize SU seems to be on a crusade to go orange/navy as much as is physically possible.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived