Are you going to a college football game Saturday?

winghaz

Boise St Vs Washington is where I will be this Saturday.

Anyone else calling a UW upset of boise st?

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You going to the UB game in two weeks? You'll be in for a show then. :rolleyes:

Bills, does a kid named Brendan Flanagan get any playing time for UB? He's from around where I'm from, so I'm curious as to if he ever plays.

The O-Lineman????

I heard of him coming here last year (maybe 2 years ago??), but never heard of him playing. Did he redshirt last year?

EDIT: After I looked it up, he is an OL and did redshirt last year. And he didn't start vs. Rutgers, but did dress.

saBS.png

You going to the UB game in two weeks? You'll be in for a show then. :rolleyes:

Bills, does a kid named Brendan Flanagan get any playing time for UB? He's from around where I'm from, so I'm curious as to if he ever plays.

The O-Lineman????

I heard of him coming here last year (maybe 2 years ago??), but never heard of him playing. Did he redshirt last year?

yeah, the o-lineman. i think he did redshirt. in the equipment room at the fieldhouse at school, there's one set of shoulder pads that we all know as "Flanagan's pads" because they are so big that they could have only been his.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

What was the point of changing Moorhead's (and Mankato's) names? I thought maybe it a situation where both schools had the same idea at the same time because why would they give up a unique name for a hyphenated one?

My understanding is that Mankato State switched its name to Minnesota State because there was no Minnesota State except in the TV show "Coach." There is a Minnesota State University System, made up of the universities that were once teachers colleges, but not a Minnesota State University, as in a land-grant college. The name change was, as I understand it, an ego thing for the folks in Mankato.

Not to be outdone, the dorky folks at Moorhead State said, "Hey, we're a Minnesota State, too," and changed the name to Minnesota State University, or Minnesota State University Moorhead. It was an ego thing for them, too.

Both names are stupid. Nobody, except in Mankato, refers to that college as Minnesota State. Likewise, nobody here in Fargo-Moorhead calls this college Minnesota State or MSU Moorhead. It's still called Moorhead State.

This is an example of what happens when college presidents act like total idiots.

I'm hoping to get to at least one game at Camp Randall or the Bunyan Ax game at the Metrodome (since my cousin lives in Minneapolis now).

And of course, I'm going through my annual withdrawl from the fact that Milwaukee doesn't have so much as a D3 team that I could go see.

Concordia University Wisconsin?

That's in Mequon... not even Milwaukee County.

Interesting sidenote, the school used to be called Concordia University Mequon. Anyone care to guess why they changed?

I'm hoping to get to at least one game at Camp Randall or the Bunyan Ax game at the Metrodome (since my cousin lives in Minneapolis now).

And of course, I'm going through my annual withdrawl from the fact that Milwaukee doesn't have so much as a D3 team that I could go see.

Interesting sidenote, the school used to be called Concordia University Mequon. Anyone care to guess why they changed?

Because the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod wanted people to think it was in Milwaukee and go there. Much like Concordia Seward is now Concordia Nebraska and Concordia River Forest is now Concordia Chicago.

(And I'm so familiar about this subject because 1) My parents are teachers at an LCMS Grade School and Seward Alums, and 2) My sister is a Sophomore at Mequon....which is what I call it.)

Anyway, isn't Mequon only like ten minutes away from Milwaukee, though? They had a good enough team last year so that it should have been worth it for you to go to a game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Boise St Vs Washington is where I will be this Saturday.

Anyone else calling a UW upset of boise st?

i am.

Ummm....that kind of statement usually means more if you make it BEFORE the game. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just want to point out my calling of the upset was on thursday! hizzah.

Pictures to follow maybe tomorrow.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

I was going to go to the North Dakota State home opener against Stephen F. Austin, but the game was sold out.

Luckily, the game was on local TV here in the Fargo area. But my oldest grandson was here (he's 3 years old), and he took my mind off the game. Amazing how grandkids can do that.

Because the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod wanted people to think it was in Milwaukee and go there. Much like Concordia Seward is now Concordia Nebraska and Concordia River Forest is now Concordia Chicago.

(And I'm so familiar about this subject because 1) My parents are teachers at an LCMS Grade School and Seward Alums, and 2) My sister is a Sophomore at Mequon....which is what I call it.)

Anyway, isn't Mequon only like ten minutes away from Milwaukee, though? They had a good enough team last year so that it should have been worth it for you to go to a game.

It might only be 10 minutes away distance-wise, but culturally, they're light-years apart. The Mequon PD actually has a policy to pull over vehicles that "don't look like they belong in Mequon." That would likely apply to my car if I owned one (which I don't) and our busses don't go out there because Mequon hates poor people (which is yet another reason for me not to go).

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except the high school whose field the UWM club football team uses is being renovated. And instead of simply moving games to somewhere else they decided to play an all-road schedule for 2007 ('cause goodness forbid the UWM students should be asked to go somewhere that's more than 5 minutes away from campus).

As far as the name change... let's just say there's a reason they changed the "Mequon" to "Wisconsin" rather than "Milwaukee" (hint: look at the initials). They certianly wouldn't have been the first school in the Milwaukee area to lie about being in the city (Cardinal Stritch and Wisconsin Lutheran have been doing it for years).

What was the point of changing Moorhead's (and Mankato's) names? I thought maybe it a situation where both schools had the same idea at the same time because why would they give up a unique name for a hyphenated one?

My understanding is that Mankato State switched its name to Minnesota State because there was no Minnesota State except in the TV show "Coach." There is a Minnesota State University System, made up of the universities that were once teachers colleges, but not a Minnesota State University, as in a land-grant college. The name change was, as I understand it, an ego thing for the folks in Mankato.

Not to be outdone, the dorky folks at Moorhead State said, "Hey, we're a Minnesota State, too," and changed the name to Minnesota State University, or Minnesota State University Moorhead. It was an ego thing for them, too.

Both names are stupid. Nobody, except in Mankato, refers to that college as Minnesota State. Likewise, nobody here in Fargo-Moorhead calls this college Minnesota State or MSU Moorhead. It's still called Moorhead State.

This is an example of what happens when college presidents act like total idiots.

I can somewhat see why Mankato State wanted to change (even though it does nothing for the whole "which MSU are you talking about?" confusion), but Moorhead's decision to actually want to change to a hyphenated name is just plain stupid. Especially when all it does it makes people have to refer to you by your "old" name out of necessity... idiots.

I can somewhat see why Mankato State wanted to change (even though it does nothing for the whole "which MSU are you talking about?" confusion), but Moorhead's decision to actually want to change to a hyphenated name is just plain stupid. Especially when all it does it makes people have to refer to you by your "old" name out of necessity... idiots.

But Mankato really had no reason to change to Minnesota State except for ego. It doesn't change the school one bit. It doesn't make it a true Minnesota State University except in name only. The only land-grant college in Minnesota is the University of Minnesota in the Twin Cities.

Moorhead is even more stupid because the officials there got caught in a game of one-upmanship with Mankato. They didn't poll the students or the alumni, to my knowledge. Also, although the school is a Minnesota state college, a large portion of the students there are from North Dakota and associate themselves more with Moorhead than Minnesota. It was a bad move all around.

And when you said "idiots," you really hit it on the nail.

Heres some pics for Boise St vs Washington

n10737129354656682852dl6.jpg

There were quite a few boise fans.

And this was just one section of them.

n10737129354656714099uv4.jpg

n10737129354656818894mz7.jpg

And my favorite formation and play.

Take a Knee

n10737129354656839639hl0.jpg

impossiblefp4.jpg

Archived