ESPN's College Football Scoreboard Bar

HedleyLamarr

They've come out with a clever way to display timeouts on the scoreboard bar. There are three small yellow streaks under each team's name, signifying the amount of timeouts left. When a timeout has been used, one of the yellow streaks turns to gray.

If anyone has the capability to screencap the TV, show the masses what I'm referring to.....

(I don't think this has been discussed, and I'm too lazy to look it up.)

I don't have a screen capture, and I haven't seen the score display, but Troika Design is the company that did ESPN's new college football graphics (along with the NFL Network, NBC Sunday Night Football, SportsCenter, and tons more). They have reels of each of their projects viewable on their website (www.troika.tv), and it's really spectacular stuff.

EDIT: Now that I've seen the screenshot, the scoreboard may not be theirs, but they did do all the show graphics.

I like this new addition. It gives the viewer more information without making the scoreboard too big, or making the timeout graphic distract from the game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm a fan of it, I still miss the old scoreboards that were up in one corner, but this is ok. It doesn't take up too much, and like Billy said it says enough info about the game. Now if they would just move the bottomline down a wee bit it would look even better.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I don't like it. Just adds more clutter to the scoreboard bar, and other than at the end of the first half or the game (when the game is close enough), who really cares how many timeouts the teams have left? I'd maybe put it up only during the last 2-3 minutes of a half.

I can live with it. Best of all, it's more information that still fits within the confines of a bar that I can zoom off my screen and avoid the dreaded plasma screen burn-in that ESPN has screwed up my HDTV with before. Can't wait for this come college basketball season.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I can live with it. Best of all, it's more information that still fits within the confines of a bar that I can zoom off my screen and avoid the dreaded plasma screen burn-in that ESPN has screwed up my HDTV with before. Can't wait for this come college basketball season.

How the heck can they fit all those timeouts? :D

I really want to see if ESPN implements this into their NBA games; that's even worse!

sportsbanner-single.jpg

I don't like it. Just adds more clutter to the scoreboard bar, and other than at the end of the first half or the game (when the game is close enough), who really cares how many timeouts the teams have left? I'd maybe put it up only during the last 2-3 minutes of a half.

That I agree.

Archived