The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

daschuck77

I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia so I sent an email to get some information on the AHL Norfolk Admirals as they switched affiliations from the Blackhawks to the Lightning to see if they were changing their uni's (they used to look just like the Blackhawks). Well indeed they are reavealing a new sweater Tuesday September 4th at a 2:30 press conference and in the reply email the Admirals rep also said, "The AHL will be making an announcement about RBK jerseys on Tuesday at 2:00pm."

So it looks like the AHL is going to the Edge System as well. Whether it's this season or next we soon will find out.

keith_duncan_ahl_action_tall.jpg

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slightly off topic, but I wonder if the Norfolk Admirals will change their colors to match the parent club? Their current logo would look nice in blue and silver.

I'd rather they returned to the navy and athletic gold combo they used until the Blackhawks decided to turn them into clones.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if the Norfolk Admirals will change their colors to match the parent club? Their current logo would look nice in blue and silver.

I'd rather they returned to the navy and athletic gold combo they used until the Blackhawks decided to turn them into clones.

co-signed.

I really despise the whole "MUST use parent club's colors" trend. If the parent club's colors work for the minor league team's identity, fine (like if the "other" Admirals in the AHL were to use Nashville's colors), but this just looks forced and ridiculous.

co-signed.

I really despise the whole "MUST use parent club's colors" trend. If the parent club's colors work for the minor league team's identity, fine (like if the "other" Admirals in the AHL were to use Nashville's colors), but this just looks forced and ridiculous.

Thats one of the many reasons I love my hometown Rochester Americans :)

They are and always will be R-W-B, no matter who they represent.

Granted, its because they are the Americans, and it would look funny if they were navy-gold-silver like Nashville, but the point still kinda almost stands.

The Grand Rapids Griffins will unveil theirs on September 19 during a joint Red Wings - Griffins practice and autograph session at Van Andel Arena. I haven't ruled out going but I'm sure someone else will have posted pics before I got back anyway.

Check out their website. Keeping Red, Black, and Gold but also adding Blue.

Oy.

Bridgeport in general looked much better before they changed their colors to match the parent club (and they were an Isles affiliate before the color change).

As for Norfolk... ow. Those are recklessly awful, and lack any semblance of... anything.

Hey, Norfolk? Look, you want to return to blue and gold. Really, you do. Or maybe you'd consider something in a navy and gold. Because my rec league team, also named the Admirals, now looks a billion times better than you did last season or will this.

sm-away.jpgsm-home.jpg

Archived