The AHL and RBK Edge uniforms...

daschuck77

Some official Moose pics:

d0d3a6057fc22fe7280fe72a0c2d21a7.300.jpg

jersey.jpg

It's not as good as what they had, but it's not bad, and certainly could have turned out far, far worse. The hem stripes and continued use of their excellent custom name/number fonts really help.

I'm not sure if I like this moose better than the old moose, but the overall uniform isn't that bad. I can't stand the corny styled font. Its way too unnecessary and overdone IMO. Too Bad, because it kind of ruins the uni for me.

I wish designers wouldn't take number fonts on jerseys and try to make them a prominent design element. It seems like the best solution for most jerseys is to keep the number fonts simple as opposed to overly styled.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure if I like this moose better than the old moose, but the overall uniform isn't that bad. I can't stand the corny styled font. Its way too unnecessary and overdone IMO. Too Bad, because it kind of ruins the uni for me.

I wish designers wouldn't take number fonts on jerseys and try to make them a prominent design element. It seems like the best solution for most jerseys is to keep the number fonts simple as opposed to overly styled.

You know the Moose isn't knew, eh? They've been using it for a couple of seasons already. As far as the numbers go, they've been a Moose staple since they were in the IHL so I don't anticipate a change any time soon.

Some official Moose pics:

d0d3a6057fc22fe7280fe72a0c2d21a7.300.jpg

jersey.jpg

It's not as good as what they had, but it's not bad, and certainly could have turned out far, far worse. The hem stripes and continued use of their excellent custom name/number fonts really help.

I can't help but wonder how much better that road jersey might have looked if the green and the black were reversed...I'm so sick of black uniforms.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You know the Moose isn't knew, eh? They've been using it for a couple of seasons already. As far as the numbers go, they've been a Moose staple since they were in the IHL so I don't anticipate a change any time soon.

Sorry, let me be more specific. I meant the older moose that used to lean on the wordmark (or am I confusing the logo with something else?) I think this is the one:

http://www.ssur.org/experiments/ManitobaMo...obaMoose_PL.jpg

I guess I never saw the numbers on the older jerseys either. Looks like I've got to get caught up on my minor league hockey jerseys.

Page of game-worm Moose jerseys

Looks like the moose numbers started with the move from Minnesota to Manitoba.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not only has that moose existed for a few years, but it was designed originally by a member of this community, Sterling84.

I've always liked that logo.

Well, we're into the preseason and several teams still haven't unveiled their new uniforms. Looks like it's Albany, Hartford, Hershey, Iowa, Lowell, Milwaukee, Rochester, and Worchester as of the first preseason games.

The Milwaukee Admirals wore their old sweaters for their preseason opener in Chicago last night:

1448579558_6b74bbfcf3_o.png

Compare to the leaked new ones, in which the blue stripe doesn't go around the outside of the sleeve:

ahl_Milwaukee_admirals.jpg

Wonder when we'll see the new looks for those teams?

Gothamite, that's a file photo from last season. That pic is definitely from the Allstate, not from some rec center in Vernon Hills.

Also, further evidence that no jersey, no matter how classic and universally loved, can make the IceHogs and their logo look good:

19bca8b0251da9bd529cf3a552b2880d.300.jpg

c798d05b5ac7f46e619b395161dd78ee.300.jpg

(Hey! Wade Flaherty!)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They played at Glacier Ice?!?! "Some rec center in Vernon Hills" describes it about right--hell, I've played there a few times.

I don't see the big problem with the IceHog logo, really. I am interested to see what the variant is on the wall behind them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

They wear white helmets & socks with orange jersey if that's any consolation.

Oh, man. I'm pretty sure that makes it far, far worse. I half-expect to see a white jersey for the Sound Tigers before the All-Star Break, after their uniforms cause widespread illness to the home fans.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was at the Lowell-Bridgeport game on Saturday. Lowell was wearing New Jersey's 2007 uniforms (all with high numbers as well, since training camp isn't over yet).

Bridgeport wore white jerseys. I don't know if they were last year's or not. Here is a preseason pic of what Bridgeport wore Saturday (not from the same game):

BST%20vs%20PRO%209-28-07%20Body1.jpg

And here is a white jersey from last season:

bestof0607_28.jpg

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

They wear white helmets & socks with orange jersey if that's any consolation.

Oh, man. I'm pretty sure that makes it far, far worse. I half-expect to see a white jersey for the Sound Tigers before the All-Star Break, after their uniforms cause widespread illness to the home fans.

This implies that Bridgeport has home fans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This implies that Bridgeport has home fans.

What? Blasphemy! My good man, how dare you impugn the reputation of the loyal fans of Bridgeport and, by association, its small town brethren. Why, everyone across this great land knows that plucky, lower-tier-market franchises out east like Bridgeport, Lowell, Springfield, Albany/Glens Falls, and Worcester carry the AHL on their sturdy backs. They especially go beyond the call of duty to support all those flailing, stumbling franchises in larger markets out on the Western frontier, who should just be thankful their continued participation in this majestic league is permitted.

I await your apology.

Archived